Engine difference,

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordogs

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the difference between the Dhz 160 2010, 11 and 12
Engines and parts if any. If anyonecould tell me it would be much appreciated,

Cheers.

So could that be a different length stroke or bigger
Valves? Exrta hp? The issue is me and my brother in law are
Buying 2 Dhz 160's next week for $1250 each, a good mate of mine
Just brought a second hand 2011 model excellent condition
For $750 am I paying $500 for new stickers?

The DHZ aint changed at all in the last 3 years. Buyinh 2nd hand you are getting them cheaper because your buying a flogged out bike with no warranty

sweet avatar dude. You guys keen to do some racing at Lytton?? Did you get a deal on buying two new bikes??

Na the bloke is actually charging me $1400, he's going to put it together.
I'm fairly handy with a spanner, not really confident with a $1200 new bike
With no warrenty though, old mate will give me a parts n warranty for a month,
Plus I build a little repore with him if anything arrises later.

On the other hand I could just save myself $150 and do it myself, what do ya'll think?

In my experiences the shops never grease as much as they should and never lock tight what they should.
You will learn alot more about the bike if you assemble it yourself. only down side is if something is missing or broken its your responsibilty to chase it up.

Sorry mate, it is the Dpro, have checked and double checked old mate he's very thorough.
I've scoured mini riders and the web for weeks. Looking for the best value bike in the price
Range, I think Dhz_xr8ing came up in just about every topic concerned with these things:)

Definitely not ready for Lytton yet mate got to run these bikes in yet, I heard about 3 tanks
Is long enough before you start giving it hell. There's going to be about 5 of us between Marrochydore
and Strathpine looking to start riding, reading through past threads I've found a few places. Will definitely
Be keen to catch us with a few of ya's later on though!

When running the engine in you still run them pretty hard.
Use the gears to slow down and don't let them idle for long periods.
Dont over rev them.

There sure is. I have run an engine in at a race meeting and I had no problems with it at all.

Just going to add my 2 cents, between 2009 and 2011 somewhere in there zongshen updated the engine, so the newer bikes have the updated engine. I'm not really sure what changed other than the updated engine had a replaceable oil filter :)

The earlier ones were 155z. 5 plate clutch.Different ratio gear box. No oil filter.
Next came the 160ho a true 160cc engine with 6 plate Daytona clutch.Oil filter. Different ratio box.
Dont be mistaken. Some 155z bikes have had 160 stamped on them and vise versa.
I love the 155z gearbox ratio much better.

the ratio difference isnt actually in the gearbox.. the gears on both the crank and clutch basket are different...

but yeah i also prefer the latest setup... gears are a lot closer.

Latest posts

Back