Engine don't start ,wiring problems?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unit_mx

Reaction score
Righto got me 138cc donk yesterday from mso slapped it in and it does not start ,plenty of compression but no spark or grunt.While i was wiring the thing up the red and black wire on the harness part ,the connection tip snapperd cause there piss weak anyway i ripped it off and stuck a new one on there from my old engine and stuck it on only thing was that the job was preety rough due to the wire fraying and the plastic casing around the wire ripping however it still connected but preety scabby ,just wondering would this most likely be the problem as to why the engine isn't kickin over? and does any one know where to buy a DECENT wiring harness?

i hate you for it lou....putting it in the wrong section is just f@#$king stoopid...haha :p... ill try come around on the weekend and have a play with your bike then a fiddle with mine lol :)

Hey unit, my sons bike caught on fire last weekend, instantly melted the fuel line, so fuel just pissed out all over the naked flame, about two minutes later we got the fire out.
You can well imagine the mess it made of the bike, especially the wiring harness.
So I went to Jay-Car in town and bought some wire, (blue, red, black, green) and made my own wiring harness, as you only need 3 wires from the motor (green, blue/white and black/red), you only need the 5 from the CDI, three of them connect directly to the engine wires, the red is for the kill switch, and the black/yellow is for the coil. the coil and kill switch also have a green which are directly spliced into the green from the engine/CDI. doesn't matter where.
All you need is a soldering iron and solder, some tape and/or heat-shrink tubing.
Give it a go, you will be surprised how simple wiring is.
I f you get stuck pm me and I will give you my phone number and I will give you a hand.

thanks pegleg for the help mate ,i might have a crack at that but it depends on how much time I have.Though i would like to make a harness out of better materials than the stock ones but its just a matter of time ay.Thats preety crazy about ya sons bike what are the ods of that happening.
Oi Tim what time are you gonna pop in tommorow? get on msn

If you go down to your local auto electrician and get some trailer harness wire it ussually comes in 5 or 7 core (as in the number of wires in it) and also ask for some conectors they should have the white ones that are normally used in wireing harnesses and they come in varying pin numbers and sizes.
BIT

hey man
you can get decent wire from super cheap and conectoors and stuff
then all you have to do is copy what youve got
just make sure you dont get the wire to thick as it will create to much resistance and you wont get a stron genough spark from your stator

see how you go

p.s im not sure the crf50 ones are plug and play i think there differant
i know when i replaced the stator on my diafo the plug didn't match up so i had to dodgey it

The stuff I got from J-car is better than the stuff that was in the bike to start with. I got 3mm wire at $0.45 per meter. because they have it on 100 m rolls, it's cheap as, every sort of connector you need and way cheaper than super cheap.
They only had 7m rolls of various colours for $5.
You don't wanna go any thicker than 3mm, as coolmodee said it will offer to much resistance, You don't want to copy the existing harness either, why do that when you can customize your harness to suit your bike, no point having more wire than you need, just creates more problems.
Mount the coil and CDI where it best suits your bike ie; where it will get the least amount of dirt and water on it.
And yes it is very crazy what happened to his bike 50's Brotherhood, no water to put it out, trying to get handfuls of dirt but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I threw my youngest boy off his bike and started to line lock the thing, throwing dirt all over it, a few of the other guys saw how I was doing it and joined in. We got it out in a couple of minutes but fuck me, what a mess.

I'm trying to figure out how to wire a 4 wire key switch... Anyone ever have anything similar?? need help! urgent!

Latest posts

Back