engine failure

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitsterprobrendan

Reaction score
hey hows it going my name is brendan and i have an lxr with the v2 race head pro comp piston and titanum retainers ,i was told to do my tapets when ever i get the chance and i was told the clearances have a tolerance between 0.03 and 0.04 the only shim i could find that was near that was 0.038 which is in the tolarance so i went ahead and done so...at the nationals i had no power was running like a a stock 110 so when i got home i pulled the carby apart reco it (oko 26mm) and tightened the oil cooler lines because i thought i had i leak to find it wasnt leaking at all ,there was a crack on the cover that covers the inlet valve(top tapet) i pulled it off the find a huge gauge and the little nut that locks the clearances was wound all the way out.

Q, would this cause the no power because the valve wasnt leting any fuel in

Q,how should i flush the engine to get rid of the alloy thats now floating around

Q,how can i prevent this nut from undoing again

Qwhat else should i do to get it back to normal again with out worrying about it

i would really appreciate the help as i spent my last savings on this bike went all out and got as the above and marzzochi shocks and elka rear

cheers hope someone out there can help me

sucks doesnt it hope i can fix i my self just as good as a shop would with half the price

they shouldnt come undone by themselves ,ide say if it was ridden,all the alloy should be down in the sump,,,,sorry i cant be more help ,,cheers jas

v2 rockers are known to come undone.. mine have, i found the threads on the rocker studs to be very poor. i used standard china engine rocker studs in mine..

0.038 doesn't sound right for a feeler blade in thousands of an inch... sounds more like you've chosen a metric set... i haven't come across a set of feeler blades that scale like that

but to answer your ?? yes it would be the or part of the reason why you had no power..
but 1 question back to you... how the hell did you not hear it?

to flush it out you could drop the oil that's in it now and then fill the engine back up thru the inlet rocker cover hole. then drain again.. but its most likely caught in the filter..

cheers guys really appreciate it ..and yeh dont ask why i couldnt hear it i was racing so there was a fair bit of noise didnt ever really have it going when thee wernt anyother bikes on

cheers guys really appreciate it ..and yeh dont ask why i couldnt hear it i was racing so there was a fair bit of noise didnt ever really have it going when thee wernt anyother bikes running

0.03/0.04 is way too much for the valve clearences. 0.003 inlet 0.004 outlet is better. With the clearences your running now is close enough to 1mm. Way way too much.

Might want to check that they're 0.003 in, 0.004 out.

Stop it from doing it again. Locktight (blue stuff) the nut if you have to.

Latest posts

Back