engine oil??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfalc1

Reaction score
hey i just bought a new pit bike which its ment to use "Engine Oil Grade Non Synthetic 10W/40SF 4 Stroke Engine Oil"

going onto the super cheap auto website i have found:
-Silkolene Super 4 Motorbike Oil - 10W-40, 4 Litre semi synthetic
* Molecularly converted semi-synthetic 4-stroke engine oil for all modern motorcycles
* Protects the engine & transmission with advanced additive chemistry from start to full power
* API SF & SG, JASO MA certified

-Castrol Power 1 GPS Motorbike Oil - 10W-40, 4 Litre

* 4 stroke part synthetic based with increased power for motorcycles
* Use for high performance bikes
* Uses Trizone technology
* Trizone technology delivers complete performance protection for the engine, gears & clutch
* Meets API SJ & JASO MA2 specifications

-Silkolene 4T Comp 4 - 10W-40, 4 Litre

* Synthetic ester based 4 stroke engine oil for all high performance motorcycles
* Protects engines & transmissions
* Combat wear & friction on all critical load surfaces at high temperatures & during cold starts
* Meets or exceeds API SG, SH & SJ, JASO & MA standards

some of these are synthtic based,semi synthetic?? but i need non synthetic- are these allright to use and what 1 would u buy?

Thanks

any one of those would be fine. synthetic or non synthetic doesnt matter anymore, what they are refferring to is to have a motorcycle specific oil that is suitable for wet multi plate clutches. the more you spend, the more addetives will be in the oil, giving it different friction and cleaning properties, weather you need it or not is totally up to you. will you see benefits of fully synthetic oils? only if you are going to spend about 30 bucks a litre.

no, i had to disagree..

the engines are designed to run NON synthetic oil as stated in the first post.

all the ones listed are synthetic based.

they need full mineral based oil... you can run the other but youll find you clutch will not last long and other things will happen quicker than normal...

these engines definitely dont play well with oils smashed with additives, that includes honda crf50's

just remember these engines are based on 20+ year old technology, do you think they had synthetic oils back then

nikolaus otto developed the internal combustion engine as we know it today in the late 1860s and since then, not a lot has changed. pistons, rings, cams, valves, oil pumps and journals. its all there.

these engines may have been designed before synthetics were widely used, but there are many synthetic oils that have been developed for every type of engine.

I have used synthetic oils in all my bikes and have not had a problem with clutches. in one case even improved the performance of my clutch.

try it and find out.. thats all im saying...

its documented everywhere not to use synthetic oil

supercheap do sell it.

castrol activ 4T in a silver bottle.. not the gold GPS stuff

or go to a motorbike shop and get motul 1000.

each of these should be under $15 bottle

if you are just starting out with bikes and motorsport, then you more than likely wont see the benefits of synthetics just yet. a nice cheap mineral oil will be fine.

but i think activ 4T is a 15-50 weighted oil. Should still be fine for your bike, will provide extra protection when hot.

I'm gonna have to agree with Sean here, there is simply no benefit to running a syn or even a semi only potential problems, Dinosaur oil is the way to go.

i have never damaged an engine and will forever keep using synthetics.

Latest posts

Back