Engine problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Monkey

Reaction score
hey guys,
I have recently bought a new 125cc dhz pit bike of ebay, an had done only a little bit of riding befor my bike started to blow white smoke out of the exhaust. :confused: An i was just wondering wat has caused this. Also whether it is oil or petrol.
Cheers Cary

Describe how you ran it in .... and what you did ..... ie changed the oil , methodically loaded the motor to bed the rings in etc .... etc ...

Yeah, both my chinas did this with the first couple of tanks of fuel. No probs since. If it still does after a few tanks of fuel you may have to put up with it until the motor dies

well the manual that came with it sed to ride it easy an not to rev hard for the first tank so i did that an probly for half of the second but then came across sum hill climbs and after i had got to the top of them i noticed smoke cuming out of the exhaust so i rode it straight home. I dont know to much about fixing the engine so i havnt touched it yet. I wanted to find the problem before i started to fiddle around with it.

Engine Problem

Did you run the engine in when you got it?:)

maybe you did what jono did and went too hard on the engine from a hillclimb.

I can't remember what colour smoke his was blowing though

Nah man, I reckon it will be ok. Mine was blowing white smoke for a few tanks, more so when I was going up hills/under load. Just give the motor a chance to bed in proper. Worst case it will blow smoke and u goto top the oil up every few rides.. no big deal rly. But I reckon u will be sweet after another tank or two

I think there r bigger problems. coz inside the exhaust is a hell of a lot of oil. an i took apart the engine an i think the valve needs ajusting, but dnt no how to do that

Latest posts

Back