Engine Setup

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmadden91

Reaction score
Hey guys. Im trying to get this engine running:

4346927843_693277da53.jpg

I bought it for $50 and I was told it was running. I've put a uni filter on it, and an exhaust. It's not going into a pit bike so I have a few questions.

I just want to get it running without it fitted into a bike. What can I earth all my green wires to? Just to test, can I just tape them to my exhaust?

Do I need to earth the yellow and white ones coming from my stator? (to go to a rectifier etc) if not, what do I do with them?

How exactly do I check for a spark? I have hooked the red/black and the blue/white wires to a volt meter and when I give it a kick it gives a solid reading. What next?

Thanks in advance guys

red black and blue white connect to cdi then black yellow and a green to coil , then coil lead to plug

yellow and white just tape them up , add fuel bolt it down and kick that ***** ,,green from the stator can be earthed to motor

Yeh its all wired up, but ok ill tape up the yellow and white, Do I only need to earth the green from the stator? Or all of them?

Thanks for the help mate

green from stator to motor somewhere , green from cdi to earth on coil

I have two earths (greens) coming from my cdi, does it matter which one I attach it to?

Edit: Well 3 actually, but one and a black/white goes to kill switch

Another edit: Oh but it it looks like the 3 all split from the one actually coming from the cdi?

Last edited:
correct , i forgot to mention the kill switch but you need not hook that up just choke it to stall it when its running

all green wires are for earth mate. just join em all and run to the motor somewhere
and make sure you dont tape the white and yellow wires together..

if the coil hasnt got an earth wire youll need to get some wire and go thru the coil bolt hole with the metal strip on it and earth tht..some coils earth thru the bolt and not a wire

Cool, nah its got an earth too. And my kill switch is one push button, and its just plug and play so its already joined.

Now how do I actually check for a spark?

Thanks guys

take out the plug and leave in the coil end, and place it on the head and kick over

Cool, so just touch it too the head when I kick it? Should I be able to visibly see a spark?

Thanks mate

yer you will see it, if you don't you have a issue.. yer just touch any metal on the motor

Awesome thanks for all the help guys, Ill give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes

nah just hold the plug in ur fist, way easier than trying to see the spark

All good guys, got a spark. Ill give it a go on a bottle soon. Thanks heaps for the help

Jake

get a good stator with, Daytona coil and iridium plug, you can weld with that spark! its arks about 7cm

Latest posts

Back