engine stud q's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackbmx2010

Reaction score
hey guys and girls. i picked up a 110 motor the other day in bits and the bottom left engine stud was in the head instead of the bottom end. is this supposed to be permantly fixed to the bottom end or is it removable, if so how do i get it back in. its a fym 110 3 speed if it helps. also the head is all attached now and the stud slides in and out about 7-10cm. thers a pic in my build thread but not sure if you can see enough to know what i mean

UNdo it from the head, clean it up. Get some red locktight and put some of that around the bottom end of the bolt and screw in the head stud into the bottom end.

They are replaceable too.

so are you saying the thread in the engine case is stripped?
if so then you need to get it heli-coiled. quicksteel or anything like that wont work...

its probably not stripped, i have found with old z50 motors when undoing the head nuts because they are sometimes rusted on the stud, it unscrews from the case instead of the nut. You just have to make sure you clean any oil out of the hole in the case with a q tip before you screw your stud in(loctite is a good idea, i use blue over red as its easier to remove later on but will still hold in tight)

there is a product made by permatex for stripped threads i recently used it on my boat motor gearbox and it worked well it sets in i think 2 hours but when u go to torque the bolt its not very strong i done up my bolt for a few days than torqued it down nice and tight and worked perfect i have about 10 hours or more on my boat motor at all speeds and i have even undone than reinstalled the bolt since with no dramas it also doubles as a thread locker

Permatex Stripped Thread Repair Kit - Supercheap Auto

Yeah the nut on the very top is done up super tight so it's most likely that it has unscrewed when trying to be undone. I can't get the nut off with only one set of vice grips on the stud it's that tight. I gotta get a second set tomoz.

Latest posts

Back