Engine swap and bypass the e start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snicko54

Reaction score
I did a 50cc e start engine swap into a non e start crf50 copy bike today and im not going to be using the battery im bit stuck on what to do I got the bike started and tweaked it so it was running spot on but I cant cut engine off by the kill as the e start kill wireing loom plugs are different anyone got any tips as to what I can do its my first time doing bike engine swap and when I had it running I stuck it in gear to take off and it wouldn't take off so I turned the key and it allowed me to ride but just the issue of the kill switch

so with your kill switch it will have 2x wires coming from it,
earth one of the wires
and the other wire from the kill switch needs to be connected to the wire that goes to the centre pin on the CDI. (black w/white stripe usually)

I do have the non e-start wiring as well just got to work out how to do it so it kill the engine and clean up the wiring to much wiring for my liking just want to have it simple and neat

ok, it's easy,
you just need to use 3x wires from your current stator wiring, and hook them into your new loom
the black w/red striped wire, the blue w/white striped wire and the green

Latest posts

Back