engine swap to lifan 125, starts but wont run

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lux_06

Reaction score
gday guys.

spent a few hours the other night doing a motor swap on my motovert, everything is in place, wired up and seems sweet, untill i kick it over.

choke on = no good.

choke off = better but not enough revs to keep it cranking over

choke off, throttle slightly open = runs but dies as soon as revs drop slightly.

so i think ive got to look at either cleaning the carby out, or checking valve clearances. its a brand new motor but checking the clearnaces has been recomended to me, its just i got no feelrs guages so thought id ask you guys to see if you have any ideas.

cheers.

adam

wat engine was in the bike previously?

it does sound like the carb is at fault tho.. needs to be disassembled and blown out with compressed air and the float level cheched.

and yeah resetting the valve clearance is a must... even if you havent got feeler blades just set them by hand to eliminate the clearance as being the fault..
if it helps a coke/rum/JD can is roughly .003 tho. set the inlet firm to that and the exhaust a little looser.

cheers mate,

was a 3 valve lifan 110 semi auto.

will pull the carb off and have a play, cheers for the info on the can to, thats heaps helpfull. much appreciated.

yeh, pulled the carby off and cleaned it, fiddled with the idle speed and can now get it to start, idle at high rpm, but any opening of the throttle causes it to die.

going to adjust the valves tonight, will chase down a new carby too.

cheers again

lol, i got no idea how i have it tuned!!! i know nothing about carbies.... i know nothing about any of this and im amazed at what ive managed to do using this forum + you tube instructional videos!

i have checked the valves, adjusted them, replaced teh carb with a 27mm one, looks like i took off a 22mm. havent had a play with it since thursday night tho as my utes in for a service and they have my shed key! but i still dont have it running properly. however i reckon i flooded it with the new carb, as i didnt get the throttle openeing smoothly, got ignition first kick and then nothing every kick after that, so have left it alone.

so tonight i will get a better idea, fingers crossed its all good!

ok head is official in contact with brick wall.... its even worse with the new carb on it. wont run for more than 5 secs.... mate is a harley mechanic whos answered all my phone calls through this so far, time to take it to his house i reckon... lol

cheers guys

Hey Lux,
What are the two carbs you have?
eg. Fake Mikuni 22mm, Molkt 26mm

I'm not sure, of any 27mm carbs, but I may be able to help with a starting reference for your jetting, as I wend through the same troubles you are experiencing right now.

carb sizes - the same spot there is a 22 marked on the old carb, there is a 27 marked on the new one, thats my only reference, but its definately bigger than the ones thats come off the 110 motor.

my missus dad has a shed full of parts as he used to import dinli's so i just raided those boxes for all these parts, all the boxes are in chinese so i got no idea what im using!!!!

i wonder if its a spark issue now, its got a new plug on it, but maybe the sparks not strong enuf to ignite the mixture when the throttle opens?

Latest posts

Back