essentials?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snelly

Reaction score
hey all
i have just started on my mini and was wondering what are some things that i should get that will help my bike i dont have the biggest budget so i cant spend millions haha :laughing-smiley-002

For us to help you we'll need some essentials too:
- What bike? What engine?
- What's your rough budget?
- What do you want to improve on your bike? (Suspension, acceleration, top speed, noise, etc)
- Are you in Aus?

xr 80 (it was free haha)
a couple of hundred
basically evrything
yes

I'm in the process of modifying my pitpro 125 RR, you said that you only have a couple of hundred to spend, that's probably not the greatest but you can get a few parts to upgrade your bike, first off change the oil, I know it doesn't sound like much but clean oil can really affect the performance of the bike. Secondly I would recommend a new carberator ($25-$30) seeing as it is a second hand bike you don't know how clogged it is or how long it will last. Third I would change the exhaust ($80-$200) is will make the bike run a lot smoother and a lot quieter. The forth thing I would suggest really depends on how you are going to ride the bike, if you want to jump it or race, I recommend a high grade suspension kit ($100-$300) if you just want to muck around don't worry about it.

I'm no expert but I hope this helps

I'm in the process of modifying my pitpro 125 RR, you said that you only have a couple of hundred to spend, that's probably not the greatest but you can get a few parts to upgrade your bike, first off change the oil, I know it doesn't sound like much but clean oil can really affect the performance of the bike. Secondly I would recommend a new carberator ($25-$30) seeing as it is a second hand bike you don't know how clogged it is or how long it will last. Third I would change the exhaust ($80-$200) is will make the bike run a lot smoother and a lot quieter. The forth thing I would suggest really depends on how you are going to ride the bike, if you want to jump it or race, I recommend a high grade suspension kit ($100-$300) if you just want to muck around don't worry about it.

I'm no expert but I hope this helps

Well, considering its a honda I think you suspension is fine and I wouldn't be buying a $25 carburetor for it, it will currently have either a mikuni or keihen carby which are both great brands, so clean you carby out (free). Tune your carby (also free), there are tutorials on here if you need help. Theres not a lot that can be done to jap bikes without spending big bucks, my bro has the xr100 and is installing a 120cc bore in it but thats arounf $300. If you can find a bore kit for your bike that will help. Another thing is to install a exhaust system, however the only major difference is the sound it makes. Can you post some pics of it to help us get a better idea of its condition, does it blow smoke? If you don't mind loosing a bit of top end speed then you could go for a bigger rear sprocket, this will increase acceleration. Another mod worth considering is a racing cdi unit. Look into these mods and see what you think and also if anybody else here has some suggestions.

I find it hard to make jap bikes faster without the big $$$, bbr kits are very good at aftermarket parts but it will cost ya.

Throw up a picture of the beast.

Performance parts are available to buy,But a service will do wonders.

Throw up a picture of the beast.

Performance parts are available to buy,But a service will do wonders.

I know it would make more sense just to clean the carny but for a second hand bike you just never know how worn down it is, and for $25 it can't hurt

Thank you all so much everyone it helps so much your all so good :)

I know it would make more sense just to clean the carny but for a second hand bike you just never know how worn down it is, and for $25 it can't hurt

a new genuine Mikuni would be around $140, or more.......

Snelly dont go putting china bits on you bike, please

No that's one thing I promised my self before I started I'll just save up if I have to

Latest posts

Back