Exhaust Bolt not tightening.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan125

Reaction score
With my stock pipe, the muffler is attached to the pipe with a clamp. But when tightening this bolt it does not tighten up...
Has this happened to anyone before, if so how I would I get it to tighten onto the pipe.

Also would it be okay to weld it to the pipe?

cheers

Don't weld it. Can if you want though.

Just add another screw or take old one out and drill the hole and tap it bigger and get a different bolt. Add locktight next time too ;).

If its not tightning, it means that its threaded.

Dont weld it because 1. It would look kinda dodgy and 2. In the future if you want to buy another muffler you will have to buy a hole new system.

Either use bulldogs idea and get a new screw or buy a new clamp, you could find one pretty easy.

before considering welding check to see what the 2 parts are made of.There is a chance of the muffler been aluminium and the pipe been a type of steal so they wont weld together

It tightens, but the actual clamp does not clamp when you tighten it...
I'll try a few things.

Egh.. Its like a hose clamp - I tried putting a hose clamp on it.. Still Nothing.

need pics , it helps , i think you need a new clamp go to supercheap get 1 ,

Piss the clamp off all togeather. Try packing it. Old beer cans or soft drink cans. Cut the top and bottom off, then one cut down the middle, re-size it??

Drill hole, tap out and add bolt. Will be that much simpler.

are you talking about the clamp at the rear of the muffler that clamps the muffler to the frame
this just supports the exhaust , there is a bolt that clamps the muffler to the pipe as you do it up it pushes against the pipe crushing it
drill through the exhust and muffler to the other side then one bolt going through the muffler and pipe with a nut on it should hold use a spring washer and locktite
or are you talking about the other end where the exhust is

Yeh guys ended up drilling tapping and bolting it anyways hah... Didn't put a bolt all the way through... Thought it might restrict the flow so I got bolts that are just as longer as the thickness of the inside of the pipe and muffler... works a treat! Cheers for the info... Also before I go making another thread which sparkplug would be good to replace what I got..? I'm ridin a 125 pitpro...

china crap that came with the bike probably..
ill check today and let you know.

ChinesePlugCrossReferenceSB0908-1.jpg

- http://www.miniriders.com.au/motor-tutorials/19272-china-spark-plug-ngk.html

yeh I can't understand that lol... it says on the plug I have now... AHSP A7TC

Where it has touch look for the A7TC... Next to it it'll have the recomened NGK spark plug..Which it a C7HSA

Latest posts

Back