Exhaust Rattle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
undid my exhaust bolts (to lock tight them) where the pip connects to the engine and it moved a bit and now the pip is rattling because its loose where the pip connects to the muffler i can move the pip up and down.

Maybe you could make up a bracket for the muffler and bolt it on to the frame that should stop it but i really need more info or even possibly a picture to see whats really going on

If its what i think it is you might need one of these brackets
sorry for the small picture

140.jpg

140.jpg

Last edited:
if it didnt do it before you played with it and it does it know
you have not aligned something up properly
if all you did was undo and do up and it no longer works dont go adding bits or brackets take it apart and start again

Yeah do what dadof2 said better to start again then add the brackets i showed you.

and you don't need to loctite your exhaust any way as long as you do it up tight it should be fine...

and it also sounds like you have cross threaded the bolt so that means it will get tight before its meant to meaning that it will be loose and if it does end up being that make sure you put the bolt in straight before you start tightening it and also if the bolt gets tight straight away its probably not in right

yer no the bolts went in fine as they should i dont need one of those brackets as it already has one i mean it's not the muffler moving because its bolted to the frame it's the pip moving i'll try and put some pics up

By the sounds of it, you need to loosen off the muffler bracklet, do the header pipe bolts up tight, Then line up and push the muffler forward onto the pipe and redo up the bracket. If it is still rattling , get an old tube and cut it to the size of the inner diameter of the muffler bracket. But without more info thats all i can help you with

Isnt there suppose to be an adaptor between the pipe and the muffler on these style of exhausts?

if the pipe is loose but the header bolts are tight then the exhaust gasket needs to be replaced..

Latest posts

Back