exhaust tape..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillz

WC ST Killa
Reaction score
so after burning my leg badly for the zillonth time. im pretty keen on getting some exhaust tape for both the 50's

any recommendations for good places to purchase?

I put some on mine (from Autopro), lasted 2 rounds then between a pressure wash and a few spills it tore to shreds.... I'm now going to go back to a plate...

^Yea, probly more a case of DO NOT USE A PRESSURE WASHER ANYWHERE NEAR IT, i think that is what stuffed it, got a small hole from the wash then just got worse from there.

im not a fan of sheilds , they make to much noise & you never know what part of the exhaust my delicate leg will land on

^^yea shields are bad. they rayttle and look like crap. get some decent wrap and be done with it :)

i've used Thermotec wrap before, and haven't had dramas
and after fitting it i sprayed it with their High Temp paint too, it helps to hold it together imo.
most Auto Speed shops sell it.

i used some leftover wrap from a Thermo Tec Turbo kit i had, and did the exhaust on the Custom Orion.
it was the blanket style wrap, i trimmed it about 3.5" wide and wrapped it long ways along the pipe.
where the join was at the underside of the pipe i ran a bead of high temp silicon along it to hold it together.
the blanket wrap from the turbo kit had the foil on one side, i fitted that foil side against the pipe.
you could grab it and hold on for 5 or so seconds before it got too hot.
it looked like this-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/THERMO-T..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2797004c&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thermo-T...?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item53f6d7950f&_uhb=1

and i also used High Energy wrap,
bought from Autobarn for about $15, on the PW50, but havent had it out yet.
it feels pretty good quality though.
just make sure you wet it well, and put it on tightly wrapped when you fit it, and clamp it up so it cant unwrap.
the roll wasn't that long so make sure it covers where you need it too.

found some more Thermo Tec tape, a 50' roll of 2"-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thermo-T..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6f5209ff&_uhb=1

PW50 High Energy wrap-

and on the Orion, you can just see the wrap here, up under the tank/seat-

Last edited:
I just used 1" tape from Autobarn, 30foot long I think, been on there awhile now. Just a few straggly bits, no big deal.. Soak it in a bucket of water and apply by half wrapping each layer over the other. After washing and whenever i start it at the track some smart arse always says ' hey your bike is steaming", hahah

Hell of a lot better than burning your leg and burning a hole in ya brand new gloves in like the first ten seconds of wearing them.

The clamps kinda suck though, get some stainless ones from Autobarn whilst your there

Get a plate lazer cut with your name on it and a cool border, wont be so ugly then..

I have the same stuff as Phil. Its on my ciniworx thats in FOTM its been on the exhaust for around 12 months now. I got it from autobarn also and it does fray a bit.

Latest posts

Back