Exhaust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel40

Reaction score
hey everyone ive got a problem with my exhaust thers a rattiling noise coming from the muffler does anyone know wat it could be?? or do u think i should just buy a new exhaust?. Cheers Daniel

could be a loose heat sheild. Get the spanners out and go over the bike checking for loose bolts.

i took the heat sheild off cause it was also rattling

The rivets on the muffler are probably loose, doesnt matter if it rattles...

sounds shocking though ill prbably get a pro x one

the end of my muffler was rattling like hell the other day,

i drilled out the rivets, and re pot riveted it back together, its now a solid muffler again lol.

Yeah put new rivets in but eventually they will come loose as well and the muffler will fall apart, happened to mine.

i think the rattling noise is from the pipe inside your muffler its only held in buy a few spot welds i reckon they have snapped off an that pipe is moving around inside

yeh i think your right divy thats wat it sounds like cause the rivets arnt moving

or where the flange is above the motor posiibly vibrating against the frame... Noticed this and used some old fire hose as a wrap to cushion the vibes...

thats a good idea, i just made a new exhaust clamp that brought the exhaust out by about 5mm from the frame making it very strong and now it doesn't vibrate against the frame. also made out of stainless steel so it will never break.lol

Yeah on my old bike the exhaust clamp broke end ever since Ive been making new ones out of hoop iron that break every month or so! Gotta loctite that nut or it'll come loose and the clamp will break!!!

cant you put on two nuts flarry!? so its like a locknut!?? or use a spring washer and two nulock nuts with threadlock ; that'll fix the flukker! ;)

Yeah I allways use a spring washer if I dont have any locktite but two nuts a spring washer and locktite is a bit excessive... maybe if there was one bolt holding my whole bike together I would use all that! :D

rather be exsessive than have to retighten all the time or worry bout it comin off! :D lol. or even a Zip tie after you have the bolt on there may hold it.. superglu it on lol! :D

rather be exsessive than have to retighten all the time or worry bout it comin off! :D lol. or even a Zip tie after you have the bolt on there may hold it.. superglu it on lol! :D

You left out the gewing-gum....

Ohhh k then... :D

How to make your bikes nuts&bolts secure 101:

first remove all required bolts, crack a jim beam black can, remove ring pull.. drink can, walk up to shell and buy 3 packs of blueberry hubbabubba, open chewy and consume... YES 3 packets..(theres lots of bolts) after chewy is soft remove from mouth and place on seat.. find some superglue, that old tube will do, cut off the BACK end of glue, and apply lots to effected bolts, find a paper clip and 3 hair ties, place paperclips in a spring like fashion onto required bolts, add superglue, screw on nuts.. NOT THOSE ONES! flick hair tie nbr one at neigbours cat... nice shot ;) add chey to back of nut and secure tightly.. use hairtie nbr 2 to hold brakcet in place while chewy sets, use remaining chewy where nesecarry, things like head bolts and exhaust are good as they get warm quickly.. use the third hairtie to shoot your little brother or sister, or if you have long hair tie it up pu ton your lid and test ride.. return and crack second can of Jim Beam Black, admire work.. Strip and replace all nuts&bolts threadlock all, and use spring washers. if required use two nylock nuts as added security.
Thank you for attending Nuts and Bolts class 101.

It isnt the rivets. My bike was the same thing as it was rattling so i looked inside the pipe as the engine was running and there is a peice of metal that is inside the muffler which was shaking around in there and thats wats caused it. It is easier to get a new pipe than try and fix it.

try the exhaust heat sheild/burn plate thingo, make sure the srews are tight and one time the screw that held the whole start of the pipe on was loose

Ohhh k then... :D

How to make your bikes nuts&bolts secure 101:

first remove all required bolts, crack a jim beam black can, remove ring pull.. drink can, walk up to shell and buy 3 packs of blueberry hubbabubba, open chewy and consume... YES 3 packets..(theres lots of bolts) after chewy is soft remove from mouth and place on seat.. find some superglue, that old tube will do, cut off the BACK end of glue, and apply lots to effected bolts, find a paper clip and 3 hair ties, place paperclips in a spring like fashion onto required bolts, add superglue, screw on nuts.. NOT THOSE ONES! flick hair tie nbr one at neigbours cat... nice shot ;) add chey to back of nut and secure tightly.. use hairtie nbr 2 to hold brakcet in place while chewy sets, use remaining chewy where nesecarry, things like head bolts and exhaust are good as they get warm quickly.. use the third hairtie to shoot your little brother or sister, or if you have long hair tie it up pu ton your lid and test ride.. return and crack second can of Jim Beam Black, admire work.. Strip and replace all nuts&bolts threadlock all, and use spring washers. if required use two nylock nuts as added security.
Thank you for attending Nuts and Bolts class 101.

baaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Latest posts

Back