Exhaust!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark6453

Reaction score
hey guys i got a new exhaust 2day it cam in 2 parts with the muffle detached from the pipe and i need 2 figure out how to get it to stay there because it is really loose atm it came with a copper ring but i dont know what it is for because it fits nowhere help needed please cheers, Mark

Please post pics. Some muffler to headers are not meant to be a tight fit and others are.

Ok i just noticed you have the bbr copy exhaust. I had the same one but i replaced it with a H-bomb copy. My bbr was never a tight fit it just slides in.

What do you mean. The muffler bolts onto the sub frame and the header bolts onto the cylinder. Also i don't know what you mean with a copper ring? My bike never had one?

Another edit. Is this the same one as yours eBay Australia: 125CC TRAIL DIRT BIKE BBR STYTLE D EXHAUST + MUFFLER (item 320106812150, end time 26-Apr-07 20:00:00 AEST)
Mine is different to that mine has a bracket welded onto the muffler what bolts onto the sub frame. I also saw the copper ring and I have no idea what that is.

Last edited:
so it just sits in the pipe and is mounted to the frame?

Thats how mine was. Yours is slightly different but it should still be the same.

what type of exhaust is it the copper ring usually goes between the cylinder and the header but you prob dont need it and it might even restrict the gas flow so you might not want to put it in there

its all god now thanks 4 help i got it bac on and is sweet now cheers, Mark

hey guys i got a new exhaust 2day it cam in 2 parts with the muffle detached from the pipe and i need 2 figure out how to get it to stay there because it is really loose atm it came with a copper ring but i dont know what it is for because it fits nowhere help needed please cheers, Mark

The copper ring (exhaust flange gasket) goes between the header pipe and the head ! It crushes when the pipe is tightened and seals off any air leaks and also stops the pipe from chewing into the head when it vibrates . Copper expands when it gets hot and seals uneven surfaces . Wrap something like gasket paper , cardboard or even thin alloy sheet around the pipe to make it a tight fit into the muffler ! Some mufflers are held on by springs , some by a clamp , and others , just by a tight fit on the pipe !

Latest posts

Back