Extemely high idle need help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastfwd

Reaction score
Ok so i purchased a broken minibike for cheap cheap but i got the thing running after few fixes here and there but i cant get the idle down. i've pulled off the intake arm, carby cleaned them up and put them back together using auto intake sealer. That didnt work. I replaced the bolts and nuts frm the carby to the manifold with bigger stronger ones and tightened really strong. Still didnt work. I replaced the whole carby with the same exact model from a guy on here. still didnt work.

So i can rule out any vac leaks or any issues with the carby. I really have no idea what to check now. can anyone help me with some idea's on what i should check.

Last edited:
what bike, engine, carby and throttle is it??

also have you checked for free play in your throttle?

are you using a gasket between the engine and manifold and depends on what carby are you running either a rubber boot or a black plastic spacer with a o ring in it between the manifold and gasket

but it sounds more like an air leak to me but it could be your throttle

check that you havent got the throttle slide in 180 degrees out..
they have 2 grooves in them, one long thin groove and one short fat groove with a angle..
put the angle side facing the idle screw

this may sound silly but ....... have you adjusted the idle screw screw and if so is there a differance , and how much screwing in or out have you tried (of the idle screw)

what bike, engine, carby and throttle is it??

also have you checked for free play in your throttle?

are you using a gasket between the engine and manifold and depends on what carby are you running either a rubber boot or a black plastic spacer with a o ring in it between the manifold and gasket

but it sounds more like an air leak to me but it could be your throttle

Terra-Moto Krusha 125cc Jialing/Honda Motor. With a 2 x identical mikuni 26mm carbies. One that came on the bike and one that i got from fusedminis on here.

There is a gasket between the engine and the manifold and its in good condition, ive also placed high temp automotive intake gasket goo on it for a 100% seal. There is a black plastic spacer between the manifold and the carby and the carby intake also has an O-ring which ive also placed gasket goo on and used new bolts and nuts to tighten really tight. There is 100% no leeks there...

check that you havent got the throttle slide in 180 degrees out..
they have 2 grooves in them, one long thin groove and one short fat groove with a angle..
put the angle side facing the idle screw

I know what you mean sean but its deffinatly the right way in. your saying when the slide is in 180 the wrong way and it lines up with the groove on the wrong side and slide sits to high which in effect would make the idle high but its not ive check this few times with both carbies and the slide is sitting in the right direction.

this may sound silly but ....... have you adjusted the idle screw screw and if so is there a differance , and how much screwing in or out have you tried (of the idle screw)

I have played with the idle screw many times and yeah it does make a difference but say if its screwed all the way in it will still idle high and if i screw it out it idles higher.

Imagine the bike idling on half throttle. Thats about how high the idle sits normally.

check your throttle cable, had the same problem ages ago and the inside had just gone haywire and bits had jammed it at a minimum of like half throttle

check your throttle cable, had the same problem ages ago and the inside had just gone haywire and bits had jammed it at a minimum of like half throttle

did the throttle feel jerky when you pulled it back? and did it feel like it got stuck? cos mine just feels normal and ive got a cable luber from my MX days which i used to give it a good cleaning and the throttle feels crisp and doesnt feel like its getting stuck on any torn wires from the cable.

take your air filter and make sure your slide is sitting correctly with in the carb and there are no gaps between the slide and carby

and with you saying that there is no to minimal difference when you play with the idle still sounds like a air leak

is the carby cap/lid tightened properly?

Latest posts

Back