Falcon ZRF build up.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudewith4x4

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been on the forum for awhile and haven't really posted anything I have done myself but I have recently got a new bike that I am excited about. Ill show you some builds I have done before hand before I get started on my new build. Don't bash me to hard this is one of my first build threads.

This is how I bought my first bike. I knew nothing about motors but being a auto-body major in college I knew I wanted it to look good. Lol
null-6.png

I stripped it down painted it and put new plastics on it and a uni filter.
null-7.jpg

Bought a cheap bike for my freinds to ride and I got the bug pretty good for awhile but the motor locked up on the white one and I ended up selling both and saved my money and bought a 660 raptor.
null-8.jpg

About a year later I decided I wanted another bike so I sold my crf150 I had just built and bought this for $200
null-5.png

Witch turned into this:
null-4.jpg

And a week later it was done.
null-3.jpg

Well about two weeks ago I sold that bike and bought this Falcon ZRF125 witch is my new build. I paid $200 for it and brought it home to find it had a broken crank and needed a new stator.
null-1.png

Stripped it down while waiting on parts and decided that the frame is a little to raked for my liking so I ordered a reinforced chromoly frame with cradle off eBay yesterday witch should be here Tuesday. I plan on painting it and getting it in a roller aswell as getting the new crank in by next weekend. I will post more pictures as I go but any advice is welcome. Thanks
null.jpg

The falcon came with:
Kenda Mudville tires front and back
Mikuni carb
Adjustable inverted forks
Adjustable rear shock
Rental bars (according to my freind so who knows)
"Gpx" style lifan motor
Chinese race cdi.

I think this bike came with this all though?

breaking a crank is a pretty big feat :p did you pull the head off? or did it just not kick over

Haha it appears you have already got the 50 bug :)
Haha thanks lol

breaking a crank is a pretty big feat :p did you pull the head off? or did it just not kick over
I should explained that more. The crank was broken right behind the stator plate like the bike had fallen over and hit the flywheel. Also forgot to mention the had bent valves and a crack near the plug hole to I bought a new head too. I plan on building the damaged head later with a nice cam and bigger valves.

Looks good man love the candy paint you are doing! were you from?

Thanks for the compliment man. I should've made sure the frame wasn't raked before I painted that one now I have to paint the new one. Lol I am planning on running white plastics and I think it will look good together. I'm from Missouri. (USA)

do you have a 10" front wheel you could try on the raked frame, it might level it out a bit?
and you could always move the tripples down the forks a bit too, have the forks sticking out the top of the tripples 1.5" or so.

do you have a 10" front wheel you could try on the raked frame, it might level it out a bit?
and you could always move the tripples down the forks a bit too, have the forks sticking out the top of the tripples 1.5" or so.

I have a 10" wheel I could throw on it if I have to but I really like the 12-10 setup on the A-swingarm style frames. I also already have the new frame on the way so I wanna try to use it.

Here's the frame btw. Comes with pegs, peg mount, brake lever, and some nuts and bolts for 130$ shipped
null-10.png

Here's my other loves if anyone is interested(truck and 660)
null-2.jpg

So I got my crank and clutch socket yesterday night so I went ahead and put it in.

Here's the reason I needed a new crank.
null-11.jpg

Here's the split cases
null-12.jpg

And all back together. I think it took me about a hour to put the new crank in
null-13.jpg

cool good work man....

Thanks man.

Today I got my new frame and plastics but I'm having trouble getting a piston with the right size wrist pin for the new crank.

null-14.jpg

null-15.jpg

Got the engine and electrical mounted just didn't get a picture.

null-17.jpg

if you dont mind waiting for shipping give the dude at akunar . com a call or call up tbusa or classic honda 50's or greg at buzzbikes they should all be able to help you out

if you dont mind waiting for shipping give the dude at akunar . com a call or call up tbusa or classic honda 50's or greg at buzzbikes they should all be able to help you out

I ordered one from t-bolt USA. It says it a high compression. Thanks for the sites man.

Hey guys. Life got busy fast so I haven't been able to work on the bike to much but about a month ago I got the bike going and back together and have been riding the crap out of it. I really like the suspension set up on it. The only things I am gonna do next is mess with the air fuel ratio and put on a skid plate. Here are some current pictures. All opinions welcome!

null_zpsdb9db087.jpg

null_zps46bab91a.jpg

null_zpsd5df7c70.jpg

null_zpsf7a6cc58.jpg

And these are the graphics I ordered. What do you guys think?
null_zps63e05d26.png

Graphics look mint man.

Really like your builds. Nice clean bikes.

Awesome job.

Thanks man! I just hope the red from the graphics looks good with the candy red frame.

I reckon it will look really cool. Don't see it done much with the graphics matching the frame color!! It's good to be different.

Latest posts

Back