false neutrals

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miltiadis_s

Reaction score
i had been running the bike on 20-50 but now changed to 10-40.

it hadnt been doing false neutrals much with the old oil but with the 10-40 it does it quiet frequently.

should i change the oil, what's causing this. It's preety annoying :mad:

Sounds like the clutch is slipping? Which would be a result of using a synthetic oil. Is the new oil synthetic?

no the oil is castrol magnatec 10-40 im preety sure its semi?

could it be the way i shift?

lol im not too sure. the guys at atomik told me to use that oil.

is it the oil?

if it is, Super Cheap have Fuchs 10-40 4T for like 16 bux a litre. is this suitable for my bike. what type of oil is it?

thanks

so it's not the oil causing these false neutrals?

i can't think of anything else but adjusting the clutch cable?

any ideas?

Hey miltiadis im getting the same thing with mine- is your's a Lifan 138cc? Mine just started doing it and the engines only 2 weeks old.

If anyone knows how to fix this false neutral issue please let us know man its annoying!

Well dude if it was fine BEFORE the new oil just get some other oil.

I suggest Motul 1000 $40 for 4 litres

mines a ducar 125cc. i don't live near a bike shop therefore i just went to repco and bought the magnatec oil. ill try get some motul 1000 as you said and see if this does any difference.

thanks alot

Hey miltiadis im getting the same thing with mine- is your's a Lifan 138cc? Mine just started doing it and the engines only 2 weeks old.

If anyone knows how to fix this false neutral issue please let us know man its annoying!

Is your engine a 1 down 3 up or a 4 up and have you dropped the bike and bent the gear lever at any point ???? :)

bike is a 1 down 3 up. always has frequent oil changes.

never dropped no bent gear lever.

No oil is for a car, oil is oil and you can use it on a motorcycle or a car.

For cars OR motorcycles with a gearbox that's separated from the engine you can used friction modified and synthetic oil no probs - but some friction modifiers can cause clutch slip if used in pit bike type engines .

I've used Castrol GTX and Valvoline XLD for years in modded XR75's with no probs though . But people should look at what Honda recommends to use in CRF 50/70's and CT110's and use only that .......forget about all the fancy brand name oils that promise you this and that extra performance ..... it's all BS ........ horizontal air cooled engines run hot so they need a specific grade of oil that maintains the right viscosity at peak operating temperatures .

Causes of shifting problems can be bent or damaged shift forks , selector forks , bent selector shaft , stretched detent spring from dropping the bike and bending the lever up , rounded off dog lug and locator slot edges from shifting without using the clutch , dragging clutch , or miss timed clutching . Also rough shifting , and banging the gear shift too far and hard thru wearing boots can also mess things up .

Ive never really found the reason my gearbox's break, broken two and they said at the shop it was from shifting too hard (stamping on the gearlevers/shifting with force) but I never shift like that?? The only thing I could think of was just riding hard, when Im racing on the track I have to shift like mad, I use the gears ALOT.

Latest posts

Back