Fastace As02 or As03 Forks?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitboss125

Reaction score
does anyone know wat the difference is between these forks and which ones are better?

Cheers, Dave

i asked the same question and had two replies that the AS-03 are pretty soft so i think im going to buy the as-02 for my pit pro 138 but would also be interested to hear some comments from people who would know?

I'm keen to find out too. I'm not so interested in if they are softer or harder, that can be change with different springs and fork oil, I want to find out if there is any difference in quality and range of adjustments?

There is a huge difference. Fastace have three models. AS-03, AS-02 and AS-01.

AS-01 is the top of the range and doesn't exist yet. It will have chromolly lower tubes with Ti Nitrite surface treatment and I think be 38mm. They will feature both compression and rebound adjustment on EACH leg. Also, no more nitrogen preload adjustment, but external spring preload adjustment instead. There is already a good Taiwanese fork like this made by DNM.

AS-02 uses 7075 aluminum lower tube in 38mm construction and has compression adjustment on one leg and rebound on the other. No spring preload adjustment except that done by modification by owner and the nitrogen pressure, they do need a shim stack for bigger riders.

AS-03 have chrome steel construction on the legs and are only 35mm. They also have a dummy compression adjuster that does nada. Still a reasonable fork just have to mod them yourself like any other fork to make them work for you.

That's not what I've heard. I heard they came out in sequence. ie 01 first then 02 and then 03. I"ve also heard that the GENUINE Taiwanese Fastace 03 is a very good fork. The chinese also make a knock off which apparently isn't worth bothering with. this is what I learnt today from researching it

Your confusing generational releases with fork models. Within the AS-02 model (which is currently the top model) has been generation 1 release, gen 2, gen 3, etc.

So each model is a fork design and each generation are just alterations within a model.

The difference in generations are that gen 1 was very stiff and also suffered from stiction. Gen 2 and 3 are soft and still can suffer stiction if not spaced correctly.

Your onto to it mack we stock both the As02 & As03 and the As02 is the best Fast Ace shock we can get our hands on at the moment. Although i'm a bigger bloke and have been lovin the As03 on my bike without putting the shim in...
Cheers
Big Leigh

i've got AS-02 Fastace forks they work fine for my weight of 65kgs but would like them a bit stiffer would i just use the fastace pressure pump and increase the pressure or ?
Click Dump and hold that shit!!

The pressure adjustment is really only for final adjustment. To stiffen them up you need a shim stack for them.

cheers for the response Mack but what is and where can i get a shim stack?
Click Dump and hold that shit!!!

im running AS02's and im nearly 90kg. even with one fork leg on ZERO psi it feels perfect, no bottoming out and a very plush, stable feeling over rough surfaces... front end feels so much more planted than the stock forks made out of cheese.

i would definately experiment with air pressure before shims. play with all of the adjustments before you open them up.

very important to keep the rubbers inside the forks nicely greased, they get real sticky when they are dry

Yeah I opening these up is not the easiest thing to do. The air pressure should be set around 100 psi in the compression leg and 20psi in the rebound leg. Adjust from there. You should not run them without air at all.

cheers for the response Mack but what is and where can i get a shim stack?
Click Dump and hold that shit!!!

Sorry I missed your question there marchaos, a shim stack is just that... a little stack of shims which, under spring pressure control the dampning rate of the shock instead of the ol' valving method.
Not something you'd likely modify yourself easily.

Your best and simplest options are to set your oil volumes and weights, then finally adjust the air pressure to your liking.

Amazing what oil does for em.

Mine AS02's had no oil in them from the factory. They still worked ok except to soft, then they got a little noisy and I realised they had no oil in them. No they are very hard to bottom 120psi is all I could squeeze into them with a shock pump. I they work as good as any $1500+ mountainbike downhill forks thats for sure. So for the money nobody can complain about pit bike suspension. DNM stuffed used to always blow (fall apart) up pretty quickly riding Thredbo on DH MTB, so I don't know how reliable their pit bike stuff would be. So far the fast ace front and rear has copped everything I have thrown at it no problems.
Ride on.

Are you sure they've got no oil in them? Above the air piston. You wont see oil in and around the springs if you take the top caps off. I'm not saying you don't know where to look but just checking in case you didn't realise where the oil is.

i had a few troubles putting oil in my AS02 forks... a guide i read suggested using about 150ml in one leg, but it was over flowing by the time i got about 120ml in there... i was sure i got all the oil out tho :\

Latest posts

Back