fastace forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitproxr

Reaction score
lookin at buying a set of the fastace forks and need to know some things about them.whats the difference between the as03
FASTACE AS03 700MM LONG ADJUST USD FORK DHZ PITPRO CRF - eBay Other Makes, Bikes, Motorcycle Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Dec-07 18:09:32 AEDST)

and the as02

FASTACE AS02 700MM LONG ADJUSTABLE USD FORK 140CC 125CC - eBay Other Makes, Bikes, Motorcycle Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 04-Jan-08 17:31:10 AEDST)

is it just the items that come with them or is there a differnece internaly and meaurement wise?

r these a large step over the standard pitpro usd forks? and do they require much maintenance to keep them running good with some pretty large jumps??

also will the standard pitpro brake calipers fit onto the fastace forks or do you need to buy the brake to suit them??

cheers

Last edited:
there are no AS 01 on the market!!!....yet!!
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

These are the real ones...not that Maylandcrap

Last edited:
LOL ....... DHZ say they have AS-01 RCP forks in stock and I'm getting a set but I'm waiting for him to send a pic of them next to 700 mm long AS-02's ..... I need them in 700mm to suit one of DHZ's double trellis monster frames ... but with straight clamps , the 730 mm long forks would be better .... (10 mm longer than 700 mm AS-O2's rather than 20 mm shorter)

IF the AS-01 RCP's have a straight upper triple clamp , then that will make their axle centreline to underside of top clamp measurement shorter than the AS-02's by about 20 mm or whatever the step down is on the AS-02's ......

Hey mountain ..... if you take a really good close look at that pic of AS-01 RCP's on the Fast Ace site ....... you'll notice that it's a CGI image ..... it's NOT an actual photo of a real set of forks so it's quite possible that they won't look precisely the same ..... in fact they'd be better with the AS-O2 forged / stepped down triple clamps .......

Incidentally ..... the 138 DHZ bike I bought has imitation AS-02's on it with straight triple clamps and the fork tubes are 48 mm ..... so genuine AS-O2 tubes go straight into them ........ I have 2 sets of the 645 AS-02's and only just checked recently ...... I can remember Mack saying the AS-02 tubes won't fit stock triple clamps so I took his word and didn't bother to check ...

Maybe ALL DHZ 140 bikes have 48 mm fork tubes which means fitting Fast Ace forks will be simple and easy .

me and my mate put his new as 02s on a few nights ago, ran into a few problem like the disc and caliper that came with it was a kent to get on and he ended up keeping the old caliper and disc on, yet to ride it any where other then up and down the road but the only dodgy thing so far was the bar clamp bits that came with it didnt line up so we had to use the old top plate to put the bars back on it was pretty weird

will any of them fit a agb21???

Yes you can adapt them to fit anything .....but it'll take a little bit of re-engineering since they are designed to go straight onto frames that use original CRF50 bearing sizes .... :p .... just measure the length of your existing forks and buy the same length Fast Ace forks (taking the added height created by the stepped down upper clamp into account)

me and my mate put his new as 02s on a few nights ago, ran into a few problem like the disc and caliper that came with it was a kent to get on and he ended up keeping the old caliper and disc on, yet to ride it any where other then up and down the road but the only dodgy thing so far was the bar clamp bits that came with it didnt line up so we had to use the old top plate to put the bars back on it was pretty weird

You'd most likely have to use either the complete set of Fast Ace triple clamps OR the complete stockers . The DHZ Fast Ace copies on the 138 bike have an outside to outside tube width of 212.4 mm (164.4 mm tube c to c) whereas the AS-02 fork tubes measure 203.5 mm o/s to o/s ( c to c is 155.5 mm ) . My AS-02's came supplied with the exact same front wheel and disc as a stocker but the caliper is different .... obviously so that it lines up with the disc ......

The AS-02 fork tube to steering shaft offset looks different to the stock clamps too . Looks like the Fast Ace forks have the tubes further forward so there's no way you could use the top AS-02 clamp in conjunction with a stock bottom clamp unless all the measurements were precisely the same .... :)

You'd most likely have to use either the complete set of Fast Ace triple clamps OR the complete stockers . The DHZ Fast Ace copies on the 138 bike have an outside to outside tube width of 212.4 mm (164.4 mm tube c to c) whereas the AS-02 fork tubes measure 203.5 mm o/s to o/s ( c to c is 155.5 mm ) . My AS-02's came supplied with the exact same front wheel and disc as a stocker but the caliper is different .... obviously so that it lines up with the disc ......

The AS-02 fork tube to steering shaft offset looks different to the stock clamps too . Looks like the Fast Ace forks have the tubes further forward so there's no way you could use the top AS-02 clamp in conjunction with a stock bottom clamp unless all the measurements were precisely the same .... :)

I reckon he means just the top plate that clamps the bars to the risers,a mate of mine got a set of AS02's last week and everything went on sweet until putting on top plate and found that it was about 10mm less side to side than where the risers were.So basicly you could put bolts in either left or right side but opposite side holes are about 5mm out of line.Either they are from a different model fork(and accidently mis-packaged) or someone stuffed up big time during machining and made 'em too small.I have heard of about 3-4 sets like that now????!!!

Brian at maylands where he got forks is onto it and it will be sorted.

A couple of options are to get the right top plate resupplied,slightly modify top crown and move risers in a bit,cut top plate(if your absolutely desperate to ride) through the middle(unfortunately straight through lovely fastace logo) and have individual clamps,or have new top plate/clamps machined up.

so are the as01's that maylands/ east 50s sell genuine? theyd wanna b 4 $500 or whatever they charge!!

I'm pretty sure they would be.Like someone else said that other picture is CGI so its not an actual picture of the forks and probably not even what they look like.Brian is a pretty straight shooter so if you ask him i'm pretty sure he'll give a straight answer.

I see what you mean .... both of mine are perfect up there and everywhere else ...... they just have aluminium steering pins that take 22.5 x 41 O/D and 24 x 41 O/D bearings whereas most chinese pit bikes use 44 x 22 & 44 x 23.6 bearings ...... I want to run dust seals top and bottom and they only come with All Balls CRF/XR bearings so the frames need to be bushed ...... just like how Mack does it .....

Any AS-02's that DON'T have alloy pins are probably bodgy fakes ...... that would explain the cock up on the top bar clamp ..... the top is probably genuine but the clamp itself is a phony ....... :p The genuine top clamps are forged alloy and they're pretty heavy ...... Genuine Fast Ace forks have all stainless steel allen head bolts with "K" stamped inside the hex part ...... and they come supplied in a Fast Ace box with the Fast Ace flame logo printed on the outside in red ........ If the underside of your top clamp doesn't look precisely the same as the one in the box with an extra adjustment hole to move the bar clamps back ........ then you've been ripped off with crap .......

Here's a pic of the genuine AS-02's ..... alloy pin , grey caliper with a steel mounting plate , stepped down forged upper clamp ......... the wheel in this kit is not what Fast Ace used to supply with their kits but the rest is genuine .....

eBay Motors: FAST ACE FRONT END CRF50,XR50,CRF70,SDG,XTREME (item 4595408206 end time Dec-23-07 16:20:51 PST)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they would be.Like someone else said that other picture is CGI so its not an actual picture of the forks and probably not even what they look like.Brian is a pretty straight shooter so if you ask him i'm pretty sure he'll give a straight answer.

Funny thing is we are selling fastace here for years now(MTB;ATVand minis) and we never got a reply to the question when the as01 comes....and we have aaaa lot of interest in that thing:rolleyes: :cool:

Latest posts

Back