fastace rear shock

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

)(_COZA_)(

Reaction score
hey guys
recently my little bro just baught himself an orion 125cc agb21 and rear shock is way too stiff for him!!! i found this shock would it be SOFT and nice for a 35kg rider :D MSO Motocycles - Fastace BS-22AR-270L Shock it hardly even goes down when he sits on it (7mm)lol & is $60 cheap for that shock

im not selling a shock!!! asking if this shock is soft for a 35kg rider???the stock shock is hard!lol

The shock is not the problem. You said it hardly does down when he sits on it. That means you just need a softer rear spring. They are cheap at about $30 each. Get one on ebay or where ever. Your little bros bike might have a 1200 lbs/in rear spring, or else a 1000. Take it out and check it for a number printed on it somewhere.

I'm 75kg and use a 800 and it's great. You're little bro might get a smoother and faster ride with a 500 lb/in spring meant for an A-frame style swing arm. If a 1000 works for an 80kg bloke, then a 500 might work for him. If the 500 is a little too soft, you can always pre-load it a little more to raise the rear, but with a stiff spring you're just screwed.

If his bike rear end compresses or rebounds too fast then his shock is a fault.

You're assuming his little bro has an A-Frame swing arm like you.
I am assuming he has a straight swing arm - and he needs something soft for it. Totally different spring travel ratio for the different type of swing arms.

The shock in the agb21 is stiff basically coz it is shit, they are slow as and they have almost no compression and no rebound. Most cheap shocks are better than those so anything will be an improvement :p

The shock in the agb21 is stiff basically coz it is shit, they are slow as and they have almost no compression and no rebound. Most cheap shocks are better than those so anything will be an improvement :p
No matter how shit his shock is, your confusing the spring for the shock.

Also "slow" means too much shock dampening. But that's beside the point, since his little bro sits on the bike and the spring does not compress.

What to read about it. Go to this website: Home - Teknik Motorsport
Look for the Offroad Setup Guide in the Teknical Library.
Just read the top of the first page.

All I'm saying is that most shocks on cheap bikes are soft but on the agb21 they are hard as and have almost no usable travel, no compression and a slow ass rebound regardless of the spring because the overall shock is a joke.

yeh it is a single swingarm and i reckon the 250 lbs spring would be soft for my lil bro(40kg) i think it would be softer on the single swingarm because it has to carry more of the bike and it has beter leverage staight!! but yeh the shock doesnt go down on him it is a shit shock!!

Yeah A-frame vs straight is a huge leverage diff on the spring. See if his spring has a number written on it somewhere. Prob 1200 or 1000. It so then get a 550 for it, or even an 800 will be heaps better for him.

The only thing you need check, is the internal diam of the new spring. So remove your little bro's old spring (take it off the shock) and measure it.

Right now, DHZ on ebay have an 800 and 550 spring listed.

Spring length should be less of an issue since the shock body typically has a lot of thread adjustment.

Wow, what a nuggety looking spring. Might as well not have any suspension.

That one you found on DHZ is a spring+shock for $85. Notice you can get the spring for just $28. But the questions are:
1) If the complete $85 shock+spring will fit your bros bike - does the bike have 8mm or 10mm mount bolts?
2) if the $28 550 spring will fit your current shock?

It'd be tempting to just get the $85 shock+spring, and then drill out the ends to 10mm if reqd.

To replace just the old stiff spring and keep the old shock:

Loosen the nuts at the top of the spring - while the shock is mounted in the bike. Then remove the shock. Before you take the spring off, measure the mm range of spring length that your shock looks like it can cope with. Just look at how much thread it has and grab a ruler and measure up from the base of the old spring.

Then spin the big nuts up even higher to unload the spring completely. Then you can turn and remove the spring holder on the bottom of the spring. Then the whole spring comes off the bottom. Just have a go, and you'll work it out.

Measure the inside spring diam. Shop around for a 550 with the same inside diam, and the overall spring length which matches the range you measured in the beginning.

Well worth fixing. It'll be a 100 times more fun for him to ride. Plus with a softer spring, the crap shock might actually be able to dampen the wheel travel movement a little. When the cheap shock dies, you can still use your softer spring on a new shock.

Most shocks come with 1000 or 1200 springs as standard. Just to cater for the 100kg boys. Stupid actually. Average china pitbike rider weight is probably more like 70kg.

Wow, what a nuggety looking spring. Might as well not have any suspension.

Well worth fixing. It'll be a 100 times more fun for him to ride. Plus with a softer spring, the crap shock might actually be able to dampen the wheel travel movement a little. When the cheap shock dies, you can still use your softer spring on a new shock.

There is no point changing the spring on that shock!

He should just get a whole new set up and save himself the hassle because that shock body is not worth the effort and not even worthy of putting a decent spring on it.

not sure if im right correct me if im rong. but if you just wind it out abit( if its got that option) doesnt it make the spring softer

Latest posts

Back