Fastace suspension bushings

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liljohn_92

Reaction score
So i have a fastace BFA51AR rear shock sitting in the cupboard that i purchased some 2.5 yrs ago.

Ever since i bought the shock I've been trying to find the eyelet bushings for this item and have had no luck apart from a company that can't send parcels overseas and they're in the UK. I've tried everything to get them to send me the bushings but no dice.

So to my actual question.. Do any of you knowledgeable people know where to get replacement parts for fastace shock absorbers?

The standard one's are made of aluminium and they're that soft they may aswell be made of cheese but i need some to get the next part of the bike back together.
I can always go see a mate and get some spun up once i have something for him to copy cause hes a "shirt cant". Though they probably wont be cheap

Cheers mark.

Last edited:
Forgot to add there 10mm i.d. 16mm o.d. no idea how wide and they have a lip on them so they don't slip through but if i can find a sleeve the right size ill cut it to suit

bearing shops sell nylon/teflon rod cheap enough for a length.

tap it through the shock and trim it to size.
then it's as simple as drilling the hole through the centre.

Gooseman has pics in his KX250 2smoker thread of how it's done.

Supercheap also sell car suspension bushes, Superpro brand iirc,
have a look for something close and modify them to suit

another place i thought of is a plastics shop,
they sell urethane material in a rod form too.
this is like the automotive suspension bushes.

I had the same drama as you trying to find bushes for the Fastace shock i had once i took the rubber bush and the aluminium eyelet bushs out and replaced the whole thing with a teflon bushes each end and run it on the braaap for around 2 months and updated this stock with a Dnm one. In the 2 months we was using the fastace with the teflon bushes they had very little wear and this bike sees regular track use. I sold this shock to a guy down the road and the bushes are still good and his son rides this bike nearly everyday and thats over 6 months ago. These teflon bushes was made from teflon rod cut down to size using a lathe.

Last edited:
Yes, you can make your own, but if your not up for that then drop by a local store that deals with repairing pitty's. The one down the road from me has that fastace shock for parts only cause the piston seals are buggered, I allready stole a shutter vavle off it. It allways pays off to ask as thats is how I am getting all the small parts for my build and quite often I get them for free as there just that small.

Latest posts

Back