fastR's Motovert RX

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastR

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I would do a bit of a build thread so I might be able to help some people out and vice versa.

First of all, I bought the bike incomplete, most of this stuff I normally wouldn't have touched but I didn't have much choice. Has been a bit of a learning experience...

Was missing rear swingarm, engine and a few other bits and pieces.

So far I have put a z160 in it with an oko 26mm, fitted a new swingarm (pitster pro x4r) and put on a Pitster Pro big bore exhaust system.

Everything is basically done now except for the electrics. Can anyone fill me in on a mod to get power out of the ORK supplied with the z160's? I'm sure I saw one but can't find it anywhere... I realise the easiest way is to put a lifan one on there with lighting support but I'd rather keep the current setup if possible.

I'll expand on stuff when I get time, but for now here is a pic of how she looks at the moment. Note: the dent in the exhaust was put there to stop the pipe from touching the plastic, it was either that or I cut the plastics which I didn't want to do. It can't be seen once plastics are on.

Fitting a z160 to a Motovert Rx

Getting dropped off after exhaust was fitted. A section had to be cut out and welded back together to get it to fit (the weld seam to the left of the spark plug lead)
img0125copy.jpg

Last edited:
the engine should have 2 wire harness coming out of it.One is for ignition the other is for lighting

the engine should have 2 wire harness coming out of it.One is for ignition the other is for lighting

I got mine from russ at revmx. They don't have lighting support, only one lot of wires which go to the cdi. I will get a ORK with lighting if I have to but I'd rather not. Maybe I was imagining things when I thought you could mod them.

id say u will have to replace ur ORK with one that supports lighting. Wanna do A swap? Where are you from??

I got the same engine as you but mine has the ork with the wires for lighting.I race mi bike and dont need the extra wires.Id been keen to swap if it helps you out.

You'll want to get a new oil cooler, them ones always start to leak! Okay as we spoke about in a diff thread I found a pic of my rx. I'm about to change the sticker kit and remove all the pink stuff. But here she is:
34654_407942017543_684492543_4583510_3726364_n.jpg

BBK up to 146cc, low rise pro tapers, keihin pe26, bigbore exhaust, removed chain guard and cut down the back plate where the number plate sits. I'm also now off my learners woo!

I'm going to just get some typical red and black sticker kit and once I have my carby running on it thats it... I'm leaving it as it is.

Enjoy you're build!

You'll want to get a new oil cooler, them ones always start to leak! Okay as we spoke about in a diff thread I found a pic of my rx. I'm about to change the sticker kit and remove all the pink stuff. But here she is:
34654_407942017543_684492543_4583510_3726364_n.jpg

BBK up to 146cc, low rise pro tapers, keihin pe26, bigbore exhaust, removed chain guard and cut down the back plate where the number plate sits. I'm also now off my learners woo!

I'm going to just get some typical red and black sticker kit and once I have my carby running on it thats it... I'm leaving it as it is.

Enjoy you're build!

Wow that's a lot of pink lol. Looks good though, I prefer them with the low rise bars. I've got fat bars on mine. I can still stand up just a little bit bent lol.

Yeah that oil cooler is going (although I didn't know they leaked) gotta get longer oil lines so i figured I would just get the package.

Just a few notes to anyone wanting to do this...

The top engine mount has to be drilled out on the engine. Grab a drill the same size as the bolt, tip the engine on its side and drill it out.

The only other problem is the protrusion where the crank case breather comes out. This will hit the frame. I got a file and filed out the bare minimum needed to get it to fit. I wasn't real keen on doing this but figured where it needed to be done was pretty thick and didn't want to risk weakening the frame.

Another note... if you are buying a z160 make sure it comes with the ORK with lighting support (yellow wire). This will save a lot of headaches changing to a different ORK.

Thanks to thump(rip) I was able to get the wiring sorted out. See his diagram here.

I am also using a manifold adapter to fit my OKO, not sure if it will fit without it. I had a quick look and looked like it might, so might be worthwhile trying it before you get an adapter.

Should be good to go after all that :)

Quick update...

I dodgied up the wiring and fitted the chain today because I was itching to take it for a spin. Went awesome! Note to self: don't open it up on grass with road tyres LOL.

After the grass experience i took it on some bitumen, went insanely good. I think I'll need to go up a sprocket on the front though.

Also the stand cracked me in the shins twice today! anyone got an easy fix for its gayness? I unhooked one spring and i still have massive lumps and blood on my shins from it.

Last edited:
Hey
on my rx on the left is a horn and left right indictor switch and on the right is kill switch, ele start and head light.

Hope thats some what helpful ha ha. Also with the stand I recommend sucking it up princess? :p Don't put your shine in the firing line! Other wise you need to put on a normal stand and then it won't pass roadworthy!

can ya put up some pics mate with it all together im pretty interested on putting a z160 in one myself

Hey
on my rx on the left is a horn and left right indictor switch and on the right is kill switch, ele start and head light.

Hope thats some what helpful ha ha. Also with the stand I recommend sucking it up princess? :p Don't put your shine in the firing line! Other wise you need to put on a normal stand and then it won't pass roadworthy!

Ok thanks, looks like that switch block will work, I'll just remove the lights off it as they probably wont like two light switches with one not working lol.

I think I have learnt my lesson with the stand, maybe...

can ya put up some pics mate with it all together im pretty interested on putting a z160 in one myself

The plastics are on at the moment but I have dodgied the wiring all up so it doesnt look too pretty, I'll take more pics once all the wiring is sorted out.

Could someone please point me in the right direction for an ORK with lighting for a z160?

Was going to get this from DHZ but apparently it won't fit.

nice ride,,
i would like to know how they are to ride on the road..
i think i have only ever seen one on the road down on the coast.. Whats the top speed, i guessing enough to get some tank slapping happening.

I've got an rx 146cc and with my light weight ass on it I can get up to about 105km/h before it starts to freak me out. I don't think it would go much faster anyway. Going about 80km/h it's normally already revving its head off.

Will be interesting to see how this bike goes with the 160 in it. I wouldn't mind putting in a bigger engine in later down the track.

Latest posts

Back