few simple questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rohan93

Reaction score
hey there, i was about to start ordering parts for my build when i looked on DHZ's website, i was scared that id fall in love, and i have, im keen for a 160R
i have a chinese bike and im pretty sure all the bits are CRF50 type, and the frame and forks i have/require would be for a CRF70, whats the real difference between CRF70 and CRF50, eg plastic sizes, fuel tank size, ect ect, or are they all the same apart friom frame and chassis gear,

also a second question for DHZ enthusiasts, is it worth the extra money jumping to 160R or just get the 160? and get new supsension if needed?

Get the 160r. They are totaly different to the crf50 style bike. They are longer.wider.bigger and meaner. I own both.

Suspension on the dhz bikes are all pretty good. I think building a bike up or building from scratch takes a lot of effort and the end result is normally more expensive with a lower quality bike in the result.. You are better off buying one of the DHZ bikes and leaving it at that. Saves you a lot of money and stress. DHZ have put all the testing in to make sure the bike will perform the way it's meant to...

DHZ 160 that is crf70 style is the one to go for.

Suspension on the dhz bikes are all pretty good. I think building a bike up or building from scratch takes a lot of effort and the end result is normally more expensive with a lower quality bike in the result.. You are better off buying one of the DHZ bikes and leaving it at that. Saves you a lot of money and stress. DHZ have put all the testing in to make sure the bike will perform the way it's meant to...

DHZ 160 that is crf70 style is the one to go for.

exactly what i was thinking haha :D, as much as i would like to build my own for the pride and end result, it would be more expensive and id still be left with a crap 110cc, so im thinking DHZ but yeah, just tossing up now whther the 160r or 160, the 160 looks more pit bike style whilest the 160R looks more mid size, which i think id want

Mate I've had crf50 style pitbikes and they are good fun but I've gone to a midsize and I'm not looking back so much easier to ride FAST and more comfy dnt get me wrong crf50 style are still good but not as good

Mid size is great. The crf50 style 160's aren't small like a true mini... your better off getting an actual crf50 if you want something small and a midsize of racing and riding. I have a crf50 and a midsize ciniworx cxz175 and it covers everything! Getting the crf50 style 160 is too inbetween and wouldnt really be good in any race class. Better of getting a midsize man! You wont regret it!

If you are in NSW possibly even look at the REVMX marshalls our newest site sponsor sells them, there a good valued midsize bike and they have linkage too ;) just something worth thinking about/looking in to!

Mid size is great. The crf50 style 160's aren't small like a true mini... your better off getting an actual crf50 if you want something small and a midsize of racing and riding. I have a crf50 and a midsize ciniworx cxz175 and it covers everything! Getting the crf50 style 160 is too inbetween and wouldnt really be good in any race class. Better of getting a midsize man! You wont regret it!

If you are in NSW possibly even look at the REVMX marshalls our newest site sponsor sells them, there a good valued midsize bike and they have linkage too ;) just something worth thinking about/looking in to!

id like to start by saying thanks to all who have contributed to this discussion, my mind set now is to buy a midsize :D, probs a 160R cos it looks like an actual bike, as the back fairing hangs over the length of the bike and doesnt end above the rear chock XD, but will have to see how my car goes, as i need to buy another car aswell haha

hopefully within a month ill have a brand new CHZ 160 R :D and if i do many pictures will be hitting this forum and much more riding will be had :D

Mate I started at a crf50 125. Recently I upgraded or built a crf70 160 and I can say I don't regret it.

To answer your first question, crf70's differ to the crf50's as they use a larger frame, longer swingarm with different shock mount position, different tank plastics, seat, longer forks, differetn exhasut.

SO pretty much totally different and their longer wheelbase and better ergo's make for a much more stable bike.... so you won't regret it

Carlton

Latest posts

Back