filing swingarm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malex

Reaction score
gday i just bought a wheel which has a 15mm axle and the holes on my swingarm are only 12mm...

could i just file 1.5mm ech side of the holes on the swingarm so it can accomodate a 15mm axle?

cheers

bad man, lose some strength in bike better to get it axle machined sorry but i hope i am wrong, i will wait and see if some one else has done it but thats what i am thinking

it's an atomik motoX, I wouldn't worry about making it weaker just do it, you got nothing to lose

which part can you show pic so i understand the part you talking about

haha thanks i think

ill just commit and do it see what happens haha

oh right that could work but might make the wheel a bit unstable, I'd try that before trying to cut up the swingarm, but a piece of metal pipe would be better if you can find one

wait i still dont get it?

put hose where? the axles too big for the swingarm how would adding hose to it help?

just die grind your axle to suit...it ll be ok....like ya said its only a fly sht top and bottom....
the 12mm and 15mm swing arms are the same its just the axle slot that is different.

im thinking about just buying a brand new bike lol

not experienced enough to be guessing this kind of stuff

Latest posts

Back