Finally, a linkage.. PSTO 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks craig :) It had me worried a bit there..
My slide fully closes with no adjustment left on my billet 1/4th turn setup..
Just.. I think i will cut it though..

[video=youtube;-RLN_oZRPdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLN_oZRPdY&list=UUfCK6by-dwEp7ZYEDMvGO7A[/video]
A little footage of when it was running strong, actually just back from a very long ride where it cooked..
It was a downhill battle with oil after that ride and cam chains..

Damn that farm looks like fun man!!

Keen to get up there with you one weekend for sure.

Ride weekend at Zwebx's farm. I think so.

hahaha that's gold I was literally thinking the same thing.

What do you think mate?

Can start planning now. Stay Friday and Sat night? Will camp ofcourse.

Lets do it. Everyone bring a tent. See ya tomorrow haha

hahaha that's gold I was literally thinking the same thing.

What do you think mate?

Can start planning now. Stay Friday and Sat night? Will camp ofcourse.
I will have to talk to the owners and all that :p we can't terrorise the cattle too much and i need to spend a little time to mark out the wombat holes :p
Theres a house there but thats for pussies already have a beautiful spot to camp right under a huge tree Looking down the valley into the pines

I would also like to make a track.. etc.

im keen for a weekend i will have to convince the owners and set a date and all that too.
Not to mention get this bastard running again :p

[video=youtube;xI2rcUIRTR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI2rcUIRTR4&feature=youtu.be[/video] This is one of the easier hill climbs on the fe 501 (me riding) and a bit of gooning at the end. boy that throttle is touchy

Last edited:
i have an OKO 26mm kit here with cable etc that i'm fitting to a bike atm.
i've measured the throttle cable and you'll need 160mm of cable including the ferrule protruding from the end of the outer.
the standard cable off the mikuni 30mm has 110mm protruding out the end.

Okay should be all back together by the end of the week to have a crack at the farm once again..
This time i will keep the speed up and the temps quite low if possible..
Need to jet her during the week... can pick up some spare jets from a shop thats within walking distance :) should be okay..
I have copper gaskets for the exhaust and the new cam chain along with valve stem seals on its way express from dhz..
I would have purchased them from a local shop however did not find one online that could deliver or were near enough.. (also if i go in with cash i want to get it straight away not wait for them to order it from dhz)

The other psto 125 has just inspired another rider to ride :p shes done quite a few hours the last few trips to the farm its probably time to have a look at clearances and oil changes.. seriously has been the best bike to teach people on..

The cable worked okay, very tight and borderline needing to be cut..
Cleaned the heads threads out with a tap before i re-assembled.. made a huge difference in feel in the threads quite a bit of material came out of them also..

Glad to say 1st kick with the new carby it fired, i think it needs to either go a little leaner or a little ritcher on the idle jet because it bogs a little, cant tell too much from having a blast around the back yard..
i purchased some main jets and one idle jet for her, the mains are a few sizes up and the idle is a #40 so i will see what one makes a difference..
Boy talk about onn off power.... I Like it.. Anyway hopefully i can get a airfilter after work tomorrow and then take her to the farm for a good hooning..
Ooh yeah no smoke now also.. Still would like to do better oil coolers however for now i will just keep the speed up and a eye on my temps..
i actually had to stand the pipe up so a few mm of oil could flow out of it :p i think it was certainly the rings and valve stem seals...

I found the valve stem seals to have 'rusty' springs down the bottom maybe thats a good indicator it got quite hot?

Any way new piston and rings with new valve stem seals and also new cam chain should do the trick hopefully for a few hours..

Okay just went for a ride.. After changing the oil, oil looked clean enough..
Got on did a couple laps... chilling out getting the jetted sorted (#102 was a little too fat on the main) and 38 was a little too lean so im running #100 (comes with the carb) main and #40 primary.. Its a tad fat on the primary maybe however im not maxing out the screw adjustments and i haven't touched the needle yet :) slightest bit of bog from idle but thats it.

Need to do the clutch basket and look at the shift selector as 2nd was no where to be found.
This is very annoying news to discover.
Anyway glad i got the motor going good... no smoke no glowing pipes and okay power... may go a little leaner later on but for now this is on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back