first car

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$heepy

Reaction score
ok so its acouple of months till i get my license.

now im not allowed a ute or a 4wd. my parents want me to just get a small car and if i need a bigger car i can use one of there 4wd's.

so i have been searching for a while and now i have found this:
1986 TOYOTA COROLLA TWIN CAM AE82

$1800

its done 180000 kms and all it needs doing to it is having the air conditioning re gassed.

it just recently had new tyres, new front struts, new exhaust system put on it. and it has no rust

and to me it looks like a pretty good deal other than buying a lancer that dad wants me to get.

25376_01_large.jpg

now is there anything i should look out for when i go to look at it, anything part of it that is prone to something that i should go over with a fine tooth comb?

hey dude
looks pretty neat just listen to engine ticks and look for oil leaks and the aircon to get regassed will be a few hundred and because it has no gas it will cost more because there will be a leak in the system witch bould lead to broken or damaged part witch would mean it could cost alot more.

hey dude
looks pretty neat just listen to engine ticks and look for oil leaks and the aircon to get regassed will be a few hundred and because it has no gas it will cost more because there will be a leak in the system witch bould lead to broken or damaged part witch would mean it could cost alot more.

Just been down this path!!! $700 later.............

If it has a leak, you will need a new condenser. $500 or so straight away. $100 for gas plus labour. If you like your aircon, I wouldn't worry about this car. Considering you don't have your license yet, look around and you will find something heaps better.

i have a 1990 mazda 323 astina 1.8ltr DOHC 224000km 17" wheels exhaust sound system electric windows and sunroof have never put a spanner on the motor its been a very reliable little car it needs cv's but i have them just haven't put them in.......$1200ono

i have a 1990 mazda 323 astina 1.8ltr DOHC 224000km 17" wheels exhaust sound system electric windows and sunroof have never put a spanner on the motor its been a very reliable little car it needs cv's but i have them just haven't put them in.......$1200ono

ahh yes i had one of them, those cars handle very well and you sit real low in them stock.
the BP motors go well to, not as much power as the other 4cylinders out there but still good.

^^^ya they are quiet a underestimated car, they are actully quiet quick

^^^consider this offer

pretty cheap

pm me buddy if your keen........i do have another bloke interested he is commin round next friday.......one thing tho, the exhaust is quite loud inside the car but outside sounds good outside tho..........nothing the cd player wont cover up lol

^^^ya they are quiet a underestimated car, they are actully quiet quick

i went from one of them to the pulsar sss, the sr20 motors have a bit more go!

and the astina's are quite loud inside the cabin, especially in the rear seats, but not too loud outside.

i went from one of them to the pulsar sss, the sr20 motors have a bit more go!

and the astina's are quite loud inside the cabin, especially in the rear seats, but not too loud outside.

i hear ya mate my step dad got s15 200sx turbo sr20.......f**k it goes had it off the clock and it got 240kmh on speedo......its had alot of work done to it tho........apparently its quicker than the v8 supercars round symons plains, the guy he got it off reckons it dynoed 410hp at the wheels but had no proof but we will find out oneday........i only got a shitty photo tho...bloody camera phones

005.jpg

007.jpg

indeed silvia with the sr fly.

i do miss the small turning circle and stock lowness of the astina!

ya you can park em anywhere ay lol................hey sheepy sorry for high jacking ya thread:D

thats ok i went out and got a car today.

a hyundai excel 4 door.

got rims and a cd player.

it looks pretty good and its only done 160000 kms.

i dont care if i get flamed for it. my mum has to use it for two months while her cars getting fixed. and i cant do much while im on my ls anyway. after i have got my ps i will upgrade to a 4wd or a ute and go from there

Latest posts

Back