first look at the new site

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad it's going to be a light background with dark writing. Much better than how it currently is. The way it is now, with white writing on a dark background, I find really tiring on my eyes after a while.

Another forum I'm on uses a similar background as the new MR site and I find it's much easier to read than MR is at the moment. Especially when I'm tired.

This might be a girly comment, but it actually looks more welcoming and friendly than the current site. ;)

Looks ok to me but I'm no web officianado. I'm sure others will have something more constructive to say. :)

Im not really liking the colours, I prefer the dark background but I will have a better look at it later.

yeah orange is good but cream i'm not sure about but the more i look at it the better it gets
they did a grey site but it's pretty boring so they went away from that i think
should be good i reckon the e zine and blog might take off if we can get writers and stuff

anything else

hey all

looking at midnight sunday for launch

um we've got till then to make some changes if we want

thoughts!!!!

looks good..

is there a 'help page' for how to use the new format?? something we can read upon?

The "Our Guidelines" section is absolutely fantastic. Gives all the information any user could possibly need.
I intially thought it may be a bit lost under that title, but then I realised the same info is linked through FAQ.
But FAQ isn't always displayed on the menu bar. It depends what section you're in. If you've clicked on Forum or Home, FAQ doesn't display and I'd think that maybe in those sections that's where a user is likely to be looking for answers to their FAQs? It's bit of playing around to find info from those sections.

It can still be found by clicking "Our Guidelines", but that title implies that it's more about site policy than actual "how to use" or FAQ info.

It will be really interesting to see how "Reputation" is used and abused. From my understanding of what I've read, it seems that there are sufficient checks that it won't be abused too much as the admin retain a lot of control.

I think that's a great addition. For a new user, they could immediately see that someone such as Cactus is worth paying attention to and that some others are best ignored. ;)

Also, although it's not why they contribute, the most valued members of the site will know how appreciated and respected they are by the other members. :) It's a nice touch.

Oh and very happy to see the stalking feature.... otherwise known as "Who's Online" remains. I love that thing. :p

But will there be chatbox?? I hope so. It keeps stuff out of threads that shouldn't be on the forum proper. Plus it's a bit of fun. :)

colors...no likey...dark was and is different..should leave it as it is!!
mmm..search is crappy as before I am afraid...?
Guidelines...very good Idea...double plus!! should be a "How to do" tech section too to avoid always repeating posts!! E/zine...no idea about it , but looking forward for it!!

thats all for now

skylar for a moderator!? lol, little chat a holic!! off to browse..
:)

it suuucks...no pic in my avatar, the white background looks like any other forum., the pages need forever to load up...not likey at aaaall!!:mad::cool:

hmm.. only a handful of new threads viewable!?? wheres the 'new threads' option!?

agree the white and is that 'salmon'?? are ugh.. Its easier to read on the black/brown/darker format than the lighter colours..

sorry but poo IMO. vote back the old forum thread might be required!?

tuff shit

i asked for your opinion days ago so your stuck with the poxy yellow and salmon orange

but i like it brighter

if you click on the new posts bit under ya pic in the user cp it will list all the new posts scince you last signed in

I reckon the background needs to be tweaked or somthing, it looks kinda cheap how it its, it needs to be more orignal, but i still think its allright, could deffinately improve though.

Geez its painfully slow! takes forever to load pages,

P.s. looks terrible now, its all over the place, colour/layout etc.

Im not finding it slow but as with any new site there will be some things that will need to be improved which is why we have been asking for your opinions.

I guess no matter what you do you cant please everyone

just out of curioisty, has the site view increased o decreased since the new layout has been introducd!??

I dont think there has been much change yet and we have actually lost value since December last year according to websiteoutlook which takes site hits into consideration.

December 08 = $6818.2 USD
January 09 = $6146.6 USD

The SEARCH Button needs to be made more clear because I have been hearing some complaints about it.

Last edited:
I haven't been on in AGES! I've been pretty busy. I recon the old look was heaps better! It just looks like any other site...

Latest posts

Back