First PitsterPro LXR-twelve in PH.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
k103 model is the one you want as it has the angle cable top

as for which is better out of the pe or pwk, well it depends how you want power delivery.

pwk is real snappy down low and pe is more pleasant to use.

id buy both and try for your self..

and like woggy has mentioned, the oko28mm can be tricky to tune but provides the best performance

I love snappy throttle response. So, for budget wise, OKO is best but a little tricky to tune specially for me that I'm a beginner on carb tuning. PWK is a more expensive for this upgrade but how about tuning? If I use PWK 28mm, what pilot and main jet should I start with? Our track is located few meters above sea level.

Thanks for quick reply Guys.

Last edited:
well if you buy a genuine pwk carb youll need to also purchase a JJH needle
as for pilot and main jet well i would start with a 40 pilot and 104 main jet.
not sure if youve tuned a carb before but tuning the pilot is based off how many turns out the mixture screw is to get a good idle..

if you need to screw it out more than 2 turns then a smaller (numbered) pilot is need, obviously if you can screw it all the way in and it still runs then a bigger one is needed..(properly tuned pilot then engine should stall when fully screwed in)

Sorry I don't know about parts of PWK carb. What do you mean JJH needle?
Why do I need to purchase it? You mean there is no needle included if I purchase PWK carb? or there is something else which need to be replaced for some reason?

a JJH needle is just another type

he is telling you to replace the original needle with a JJH needle because it is better quality than the original needle

Sorry I don't know about parts of PWK carb. What do you mean JJH needle?
Why do I need to purchase it? You mean there is no needle included if I purchase PWK carb? or there is something else which need to be replaced for some reason?

there is a needle in the PWK when bought new, but it is suited for 2 stroke engine the JJH is the best needle for 4 stroke applications

OK, now I knew. Thanks Mate for guideline.
OKO 28mm flat side is a copy of PWK 28mm. If I purchase OKO 28mm, still I have to do the same thing to replace with JJH needle?

OK, now I knew. Thanks Mate for guideline.
OKO 28mm flat side is a copy of PWK 28mm. If I purchase OKO 28mm, still I have to do the same thing to replace with JJH needle?
from what ive heard some OKO carbs come with JJH needle some dont depends on supplier.

yeah they've been known to come with needles that have different part number but are the same item

Latest posts

Back