First time rider ...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate ... how do you propose I do this. I haven't paid any money yet.
Where would I write "item not as described" ... should I email them?

What should I say was not as described??

Ta

tell em to get stuffed ,dont pay them a cent ,dont worrie about the 100 buck bullshit ,tell ebay your kid bid on it under your id with out permission and all is well ,if atomic try the 100 buck charge i would go balstic ,there wankers ,been ripping ebay members off for yrs

tell em the Captian sent ya

Thanks. I've just emailled them explaining that I want to cancel the transaction, I said it wasn't a Thumpstar as I expected ... I'll see what they say.

So ... is the 140cc Nitrous ok to get?

Arrghhh ... this is frustrating but I want to get something useful.

What upgrades etc should I be looking at on the Nitrous?
Are the handles, filters, controls etc any good?

Or am I better off spending $1k on the DHZ?

Just reading all the posts on this tread and it boils down to one thing everybody has had experiences both good and bad with all type s of bikes and will have preferences so take as much info as you can
but one day when you deicide to buy you will need to bite the bullet and take the plunge and go with the info and push for a good deal I have found Pit Pro to be good but then again I have always talked down from the full retail price. I have bought my 2009 Pit Pro 150cc for $800. I have checked parts prices with both DHZ and Pit Pro and yes some things are higher and lower on both sides but you can always talk anyone down but you will need to have a good buying power. Pit Pro sent me 4 wrong brake levers but I only paid for two will hound them until I get the right ones if not I will get my money back.

You will get bored with the Atomik 125 so go for something a bit better you can always grow in confidence with the better bikes rather then grow out of it. As I said I did have the Atomik I bought it for $450 and just sold it the other day with a ripped seat for $380 with people hounding me for it after it had gone so it all depends on the market but look around first

actually I have to agree that statement was total bulls#!t. I bought a pitpro 140xr $1300 and my lil bro bought the 125rr $850, I've spent about a grand AT LEAST to keep the bloody thing running, he's spent a few bucks here and there on oil changes and fuel

Guys, I have spoken to Atomik and they reckon the relisting fee is $50. Should I tell them to jump?

up to you mate. i'd perhaps push the fact it was advertised as a thumpstar, which it is not, and that you are refusing to pay the relisting charge as they have mislead purchasers, particularly given that "thumpstar" was a registered Trademark business name and bike model...

don't pay it mate, it might seem like the right thing to do but not in this case, atomik are assholes and would rip you if given the chance.

^^^^that ones advertised as a "Thumpstar" as well.... *giggle*...
would be a better buy than the atomik, but i'd go with a DHZ 140 or 150 for a lesser price...

actually I have to agree that statement was total bulls#!t. I bought a pitpro 140xr $1300 and my lil bro bought the 125rr $850, I've spent about a grand AT LEAST to keep the bloody thing running, he's spent a few bucks here and there on oil changes and fuel

I"m not actually asking anyone to agreed but i know what i bought the bike for and i have had no trouble with it touch wood that why i bought 90cc and 125 type R. what did you spend a grand on??

^^^^that ones advertised as a "Thumpstar" as well.... *giggle*...
would be a better buy than the atomik, but i'd go with a DHZ 140 or 150 for a lesser price...

Alot of people think 'thumpstar' means a pitbike or chinese bike and dont really know that theres a brand called it, i dunno about atomik and pitpro though, i get my bike called a thumpstar all the time lol, its usually just another name for a pitbike these days.

i agree it's a common term, but then would you advertise a YZ as a honda? a honda is a common dirtbike, as is a yz... however it would be false to advertise a kx as a suzuki if you get my drift...
"people" may not be aware that Thumpstar was a registered bike brand and model, but Atomik and pitpro would sure as shi* know that they are not selling "Thumpstars", which in this case is the point Stoletheshow is trying to use....

yeah its true, very true.
just trying to make more money out of it and getting more views on ebay when people are actually looking for genuine thumpstars and mistakeably purchasing one... just like stoletheshow lol

I wouldnt bother paying them anything and there are many ways around it as previously mentioned.

As for the titles on ebay its all too common. Its all about putting in as many words as possible so they come up in a search more often. I see many people getting around it with titles such as ''CR 250 not kx yz rm ktm'' That gets them more views in the searches and at the same time doesnt really mislead anyone. These companies like Atomik at least need to put NOT in front of Thumpstar and advertise their bikes as what they are.

I"m not actually asking anyone to agreed but i know what i bought the bike for and i have had no trouble with it touch wood that why i bought 90cc and 125 type R. what did you spend a grand on??

I wasn't talking to you I was replying to roost666.

A grand is actually including things like upgrades and fixing things that I f@#ked up too. I could have kept the bike running for much less but as things broke I upgraded them in the hope of eventually having a decent ride, there's no point putting the same crap parts on again.

Latest posts

Back