First time rider ...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, out of interest how much is the DHZ or Pit Pro bikes worth? I'm looking to spend around $1k on a bike for a beginner.

sorry to hear about your problems with pit pro i have three of them09cc 125cc 150cc and have had no major issues
i use them due to realiabitly ebay is not much worth for parts as what they advertise is not what you get any warranty issue pit pro has always come to the party straight away with out question
i have had an atomik and they aren't worth a mention i also have a orinon 140 not to bad a bike but forget the service next time i am looking for a bike i wll try DHZ first

ebay is not much worth for parts as what they advertise is not what you get

I've never had any issues with ebay but I only buy from trusted sellers like DHZ or JustRide, DHZ is the best ebayer I've ever dealt with, You order one day and receive the next and the prices can't be beaten, once he sent me the wrong item I just gave him a call and the next day I recieved what I had paid for and got to keep the other item.
For example of pitpro rip-off's billet 1/4 throttle $70 from DHZ, $150 from pitpro and yep it's the exact same product.

Well anyway we're going a bit off topic but yea defiantly give dhz a chance, you won't regret it ;)

have you given them any money yet? if not you don't have to pay anything, just cancel the transaction and put "item not as described" as the reason

i agree with DVDrip... default on the Atomik transaction, pay the relisting fee... the $100 they charge you, is marginal compared to what you will probably need to spend getting the bike up to snuff.
One thing people havent mentioned in regards to buying a PitPro, and then paying exorbitant costs for spares, is that pitbikes (the ones worth mentioning anyway) are of two types... KLX type, which is a copy of sorts of a Kawasaki KLX 110, or the CRF type, which is a copy of sorts of the HONDA CRF 50. When you figure out what sort you have, pretty much all parts are interchangeable between brands, and it's only quality and price that differ... IE: If you bought a pitpro, that was of CRF type, you could purchase your parts from China for a minor fraction of the cost of sourcing the parts in Australia. Despite the fact they came from different store/dealer/ shonky salesman etc, they would be interchangeable to a point... so if you bought a pitpro, found their parts prices a bit much to swallow, you could buy the identical part from DHZ, and it would fit onto your bike...
DHZ are rapidly gaining a reputation of being one of THE BEST stores to deal with, and rightly so....
Given you have never ridden before and are only new to bikes, let alone pit bikes, i'd go with a 125Pro from DHZ.... yes, they're little bikes, but they are twitchy, and even the 140's can bite the novice rider... a 125 would be ample motor to allow you to have fun, learn the basics etc without being too difficult to ride, and still allows plenty of scope for modification at a later date...
Follow this link for a looksee...
NEW 2009 DHZ DPRO125 LIFAN BIG BORE RACING THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Sep-09 08:28:56 AEST)

as for what to do to your bike when you first get it, there are a couple of threads written specifically for the new rider in regards to initial set-up, and performance modifications for non-mechanically minded persons... all the answers you need will be in those two threads. :D
http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24009-performance-upgrades-guidelines-stage-i-iii.html
http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24239-achtung-noobs-your-new-pitbike-you-set-up-tips.html
http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/18939-new-bike-wat-check-before-riding.html

Good luck mate, and welcome to Miniriders!!!!!

Thanks guys .... so, may I ask a silly question. What's the definition of a pit bike? I see that you mention "let alone pit bikes" ... are they harder to learn etc?

have you given them any money yet? if not you don't have to pay anything, just cancel the transaction and put "item not as described" as the reason

Hey mate ... how do you propose I do this. I haven't paid any money yet.
Where would I write "item not as described" ... should I email them?

What should I say was not as described??

Ta

Hey mate ... how do you propose I do this. I haven't paid any money yet.
Where would I write "item not as described" ... should I email them?

What should I say was not as described??

Ta

well I'm guessing you bought it on ebay? I had a scammer try to buy something off me last week, so I went to the ebay listing page (where the ad is) and there was an option to cancel the transaction, I'm not sure if the buyer gets this option.

the thing about ebay is you can get away with winning an auction and not buying it 2 times with no consequence, on the 3rd time you get a warning or something.

so just forget you even bought it and you'll be fine, maybe even email them and say you don't want it anymore and you'll pay the listing fee (like $5), If they ask why you don't want it just say you realized it wasn't a genuine "thumpstar" (thumpstar if a brand and they shouldn't be using that word in their ads)

but no matter what, you DO NOT owe them $100

btw my first pitbike was a 140 and I handled it fine, but I had ridden a few 250's before but I was crap at it. I just think the DHZ 140 is much better value for money compared to the 125

Last edited:
shiet mate, for $580 don't buy that bike, the frame looks like the one on my mates lei which looks like it'll snap, for that price you could get the 140cc nitrous instead.

shiet mate, for $580 don't buy that bike, the frame looks like the one on my mates lei which looks like it'll snap, for that price you could get the 140cc nitrous instead.
exactly ^^^^ the atomik nitrous only costs a little bit more and it looks like a WAY better bike, but stick with the DHZ if you can afford it

nitrous is actually cheaper, one just went for 530 yesterday. if the motox is anything like the lei XY please don't get it. I have no love for atomik but the nitrous is a nice bike , especially for $530 mate.

Thanks. I've just emailled them explaining that I want to cancel the transaction, I said it wasn't a Thumpstar as I expected ... I'll see what they say.

So ... is the 140cc Nitrous ok to get?

Arrghhh ... this is frustrating but I want to get something useful.

What upgrades etc should I be looking at on the Nitrous?
Are the handles, filters, controls etc any good?

Or am I better off spending $1k on the DHZ?

Last edited:
the 140 nitrous would be a much better buy than the motox but still nowhere near the quality and service you'd get from DHZ, the more more you spend upfront means the less you'll spend in repairs.

for the first time rider there is nothing you need to upgrade on the nitrous out of the box it runs fine.

Guys, there is a 140cc Nitrous or a DHZ 140cc both for sale. The Nitrous will be about $550 and the DHZ $900 or so ... which one is the go?

dhz has a zongshen engine, is it better than the yx? Haven't heard much about the zongshen 140s whereas the yx's are pretty proven.
Is the dhz better than a nitrous with $350 worth of upgrades? Not sure.. Can't go wrong with either I suppose.

the 140 nitrous would be a much better buy than the motox but still nowhere near the quality and service you'd get from DHZ, the more more you spend upfront means the less you'll spend in repairs.

haha thats not true at all, i spent 3k on a vert pro, done second gear in 5 months, Previously before that i had a atomik 125 gave it hell, never changed oil once, sold it to a mate and its still goin to this day and that was nearly 3 years ago and it cost me 800:confused:

Latest posts

Back