fitted dhz 140 to pitpro outlaw

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinetySix

Reaction score
if your thinking about putting a start in any gear 140cc motor in....

...dont! what a |<unt of a job it was to change over... and after all that, the 140's clutch lever (on the engine) fouls on the pitpro's alloy frame!!!! :mad: dunno what im gonna do there... might have to cut it off, turn it 90 degrees and weld it back on... then workout how to get a clutch cable onto it :confused:

dhz were pretty good tho, bought the motor off ebay early monday morning and it was at my house on wednesday. found i didnt have a plug to go from the cdi to the engine (it wasnt supposed to be included) but he was happy to send me one free. the gearbox feels 10 times smoother than my 125 lifan, it actually came with a NGK plug in it and seems to run pretty well with the 25mm mikuni carb.

gonna take it for a spin tomorrow even without a clutch, hopefully it will have all been worth it :cool:

Heard of that problem, let us no how you go mate! I dont want to buy another bike, but seeing cunts happy with theres gets me tempted!

Fair call

heres some pics, i have not washed her tho and theres no number plate :eek:

DSCN0677.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

hey mate so does the engine bolt straight in and is the clutch arm the only thing that u have to mod to get it in? also can u use the clutch or does it hit the frame?

yeah it bolted straight in. the exhaust bolted up, the carby bolted up, chain went on, only problem was the clutch arm... that might not be an issue on your bike

cant use the clutch at all, its almost touching the frame when you move the arm forward just enough to take the slack out... its gonna need mods to the clutch arm and a custom clutch cable bracket....

but she rides pretty good even without the clutch, the motor feels a little stronger and its only an hour old... it wheel spins a lot easier and has more torque down low...

the old 125 gained a lot of power once she had about 4 hours on her, cant wait to see what the 140 is like then :)

i think it might have been running a bit lean too, it was surging thru the midrange a bit and didnt feel strong till the engine was well and truely warmed up. think it has a 52 main jet and the needle was set to the 4th clip from the top, changed that to the 5th clip (richest) and its a little cleaner but probably needs a bigger main jet and the needle on about the 3rd clip

if your thinking about putting a start in any gear 140cc motor in....

...dont! what a |<unt of a job it was to change over... and after all that, the 140's clutch lever (on the engine) fouls on the pitpro's alloy frame!!!! :mad: dunno what im gonna do there... might have to cut it off, turn it 90 degrees and weld it back on... then workout how to get a clutch cable onto it :confused:

dhz were pretty good tho, bought the motor off ebay early monday morning and it was at my house on wednesday. found i didnt have a plug to go from the cdi to the engine (it wasnt supposed to be included) but he was happy to send me one free. the gearbox feels 10 times smoother than my 125 lifan, it actually came with a NGK plug in it and seems to run pretty well with the 25mm mikuni carb.

gonna take it for a spin tomorrow even without a clutch, hopefully it will have all been worth it :cool:
I GOT SAME MOTOR IN TWIN SPA FRAME FROM YOUR BOTTOM PHOTO TURN YOUR BOLT AROUND HEAD FACING OUT PUT CLUTCH CABLE THROUGH AND IT ONLY JUST RUBS BUT WORKS OK

huh? you mean the engine mount bolt thats going through the bracket just next to the clutch arm? its not hitting the bolt, its hitting the entire bracket...

i took my stickers off, and half the carbon fibre came off too :eek:

LOL
dude ur going to be not happy but theres no way u can make that work with the mount there unless u were to chop the mount and run a single spar style mount

the smaller version of the twin spar again that uses crf50 plastics is fine but ur frame and the AGB29 have this problem :)

becasue its a start in any gear engine and the clutch cable is diff and has to be mounted to clutch cable loop
if not the clutch has will be all slop

hope this helps

cheers
dave

nah not chopping any engine mounts, the frame is probably weak enough as is :p

im just gonna fabricate something to do the job when i can be bothered... its not too hard to ride without a clutch as is

yeah but u aint running straight cut gears and no dog box
ur box will turn to slop if ur dry shifting costantly and running it in like that

~MATT~ is doing a simler thing to his AGB29

this is why im against CHINESE TWIN-SPAR frames as they seem to be an after thought and have no real engine holding capacity other than ducars and one odly designed lifan engine(namely the black all up engines with oil veiwing window)

its getting a nice hard run in ;) more power that way. sif anybody uses the clutch for every single shift on a dirt bike any way.

my lifan 125 all up (not start in any gear) with dipstick (not window) fit perfectly.

ive just had another look at it and its not that big a deal, just gonna cut the clutch arm off turn it about 90 degrees counter clockwise and weld it back on... hang a clutch cable bracket off the inside of the engine mount on the LHS. it will hang over the dip stick so ill just have to hold the clutch in while im checking the oil.

Last edited:
the black stock engines fine on ur bike but wont fit into a agb29
the clutch arm only works from one angle if u bend up or down thats fine but if u modify the arm position it aint gonna work from any angle

speak to ~MATT~ is doin this conversion to his agb29 and has some info maybe

get on to MOJO in Vic and order one of there hydrolic clutch kits , that will give you a new side case with the clutch slave cylander in the side , problem fixed. I run one of these kits on my bike and they are very impressive. Cost is about $160 but are worth every cent as you will not have any clutch issuse ever again, highly reccomended.

get on to MOJO in Vic and order one of there hydrolic clutch kits , that will give you a new side case with the clutch slave cylander in the side , problem fixed. I run one of these kits on my bike and they are very impressive. Cost is about $160 but are worth every cent as you will not have any clutch issuse ever again, highly reccomended.

im gana put a 140 outlaw on my agb29 and ppl have tryed to do it but they clucth arm hits the frame will this hydrolic clutch kit fix the prob so i can put a 140 in my agb29 thanks mate

cheers roost, that sounds fuggin A1. got a hydraulic clutch on my KTM and i love it. got any pics of the clutch side of your motor? cheers mate!

sik-pj, he just said it will fix the problem im having.... put 2 and 2 together ;)

Latest posts

Back