fitting graphics to plastics?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3NNINGS_024

Reaction score
hey people, just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for fitting a graphics kit to plastics?

cheers, brad

Put them in the sun for a bit or use a hairdryer to heat them up, much easier to work with cause there so thick.
Theres also people that use a spray bottle with soapy water but i haven't tried that.

Good luck!

i just bought new graphics aswell and i thought id stuff it up so i bought new plastics so they can put them on for me but if you don think your good enough to do it just go to a signage place they should do it for you next to nothn $$

Put them in the sun for a bit or use a hairdryer to heat them up, much easier to work with cause there so thick.
Theres also people that use a spray bottle with soapy water but i haven't tried that.

Good luck!

my mate said somthing about using soapy water to fit graphics, i'll ask him about it.

Just line up you're corners nicely. And peel off a small peice of the backing. Start from a corner and work your way through. Bit of thinking goes a long way with graphics. Just take it slow and make sure you push them into all the low sections and corners. Otherwise the graphics will end up not fitting right.

Soapy water seems sketchy. I've never bothered. Doing them dry is easy. I did mine sweet first time.
Oh and don't stress, nobody will notice if they are not perfect, after all it is a dirtbike!

Soapy water works......
Spray plastics and the sticker, put them on, slide them around then just squeegie out the water. Let it sit for a day and done!

Oh and don't stress, nobody will notice if they are not perfect, after all it is a dirtbike!
lol true;)

Soapy water works......
Spray plastics and the sticker, put them on, slide them around then just squeegie out the water. Let it sit for a day and done!

does it turn out alright? i dont want to waste a custom graphics kit.

Get a squrty bottle and put a little bit of dishwashing liquid then fill it with water . 2 squirt the soapy water on the plastics , peel the backing off the grapics and apply to the plastics (the soapy water allows you to move the graphics were you want them and line them up ). Use the back of a butter knife to squeeze the water out from under them . Make sure you get all the water out other wise they won't stick very well .

start with the longest straightest edge first. if you get that lined up the rest should go ok.
start from one side and work to the other, do no work around, you wont be able to get rid of creases. and I use a heat gun. when I have some crappy curves in the plastic, I use the gun to just heat up the vinyl and i can stretch it over the curve better. the adhesive will let you pull it up and do it a couple of times. just make sure that the plastic is super clean as well as your fingers. I use CRC Contact Cleaner to clean my plastics before puting stickers on.

start with the longest straightest edge first. if you get that lined up the rest should go ok.
start from one side and work to the other, do no work around, you wont be able to get rid of creases. and I use a heat gun. when I have some crappy curves in the plastic, I use the gun to just heat up the vinyl and i can stretch it over the curve better. the adhesive will let you pull it up and do it a couple of times. just make sure that the plastic is super clean as well as your fingers. I use CRC Contact Cleaner to clean my plastics before puting stickers on.

great tips westy! thanks:grinning-smiley-003

soapy water in a spray bottle worked for me, just spray the plastics and move the graphics into place!

Latest posts

Back