Flat black frame & swinger or flat black motor?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_crf50_here

Reaction score
what do you think will look the best
Flat black frame and swing arm or just do the motor flat black?

DSCF9960sm_small.JPG

DSCF9770_small.JPG

Last edited:
dont go black motor cos some of the cheap chineese motors are black so people might think at a glance thats what it is

dont go black motor cos some of the cheap chineese motors are black so people might think at a glance thats what it is

they will think twice when they see it in action

but yes frame and swinger and polish your cases that would look hectic

Dont attempt matte (flat) black unless you have access to a spray booth. Reason being is that the only clear coat avail to suit matte is in 2-pac, and if you dont use clear the finish will not be smooth and will mark and chip really easy. I just recently painted a frame in gloss black with clear coat finish and it looks awesome and is also a really durable finish. re the motor id def go black, maybe use VHT wrinkle finish, its hi temp also...ive used this (mini bike engine) and it also looks awesome. BUT regardless of what you do the secret is in the prep.
Hope this helps :)

Wayne

go the flat black frame and swinger
autobarn do a GMH flat black that is more of a satin no thinning is required and standard acylic clear sits on it sweet i just id my vs this way and looks tough

if its more of a satin, then yeah you can clear it but if you use a true matte then puttin clear on it will turn it to gloss...

I would hope it was a work in progess minifighter... With no brake disc's and all hahaha

love the bike don't like the white rims..

Frame and swinger it is, googled a powder coater just down the road so will get one or two quotes tomorow...

any know what is a fair price for a good job?

cheers

it cost me $15ea rim for sandblasting, had to get them specially blasted as the wheels are magnesium, couldnt use a normal blast grit as it would have pitted them and $90 for powdercoating ($45 ea rim) so i would have to say no more than $100 all up and if your just doing a gloss black it may be cheaper as mine was pearl white.

oh and brakes and mufflers are over rated lol

Latest posts

Back