flat spots in 1st and 2nd gear ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crim 87

Reaction score
took my bike for a lil squirt before and when you rev right out in 1st and 2nd the bike just cuts out and loses power ???

yeah it feels right but i have no idea why the bike is doing this now its really annoying

could it be a carby problem supposed to be going away this week end it will be pointless going if my bike is cutting out when im doing hill climbs

Done Anything to the Needle or Slide or made any adjustments different to before???

Did you pull apart your Carby???

My 88 seemed to do this Before I got my TB Carby!!!

yeah i did pull the carby apart s far as i know i replaced everything in the right order i think

read the tech threads in the how to section for tuning and cleaning carbies... That's why they're in there... to show you how to maintain your bike...

ok will do ive only ridden it like 4 times though

ok will do ive only ridden it like 4 times though

why do people always say that?
Oh it's brand new I don't need to do my valve clearance or tune the carby or pump up my tires, tension the chain, adjust the clutch etc.

4 times or no times, the bike will still need set up, and initial maintenance during the first couple of rides... did you get the bike new or 2nd hand? did you change the oil, loctite everything that needed it before riding it the first time?

does it do the cough and splutter in the higher gears?
If it only does it in first and second, i'd say your hitting redline...

yeah i have done the oil and loctite everything and all of that when i first bought it. and yeah i bought it new , im not sure if it does it in the higher gears haven't been able to get it right out into 3 and 4th where i live.

why do people always say that?
Oh it's brand new I don't need to do my valve clearance or tune the carby or pump up my tires, tension the chain, adjust the clutch etc.

sorry dude im very new to the bike scene and would love to know how to tune the carby and do the valve clearances thats why im asking

nothing wrong with asking...but there are tutorials in almost every forum....do a SEARCH !!!!

Latest posts

Back