flywheel removal

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noidea

Reaction score
Any way to get the flywheel off a loncin 125 without a removal tool? Need to get it off to replace magneto...

Edward

You can use a gear puller if you've got the right sizes and your real careful. Even then you can do damage. Lucky dip.

If ya going to be doing a bit of work on these get a proper puller and save the grief.

managed to use a puller ive got. But wtf, soft steel phillips head bolts holding the magneto in place!?

Have almost rounded the top one, bottom one it still good.
I think im going to have to 'easy-out' them. Damn chinese mass production, what will they think of next? plastic drive chains??

any ideas on getting the bolts out?

or if your impatient and want to do it now, use a screwdrive that fits the screws snuggly, hold it with a little force in the direction you want to go, and belt the screwdriver with a hammer a few times, as you hit it you should feel the screw start to turn... generally works almost as good as an impact driver...

ill give it a go flick, make sense, especially as its likely there is some lock tite or similar on the bolts. I was going to try the oxy, but thats a last resort lol.

Hopefully i dont end up having to use an easy out.

cheers

or if your impatient and want to do it now, use a screwdrive that fits the screws snuggly, hold it with a little force in the direction you want to go, and belt the screwdriver with a hammer a few times, as you hit it you should feel the screw start to turn... generally works almost as good as an impact driver...

Just becarefull if doing this step, cheaper screwdrivers tend to explode, u can also get a small file, and convert the head to flat blade. But much better off getting impact driver from Cheap store or something. Hit it allfay as hard as u can (if u want) One hit usualy knocks em loose!
bits.jpg

Yea tried the screwdriver method, didnt do much. Im going to grab an impact driver later today and give it a go. Otherwise its time for an easy out.

got the plate thing lying around my house... want it? ill get a pic if i can, and you decide a price!!! no need for it no more

chain come off ur bike and rip the magnet off?... lil thing that the magneto spinz round... if u know what i mean

btw, it came of my old locin engine, if that help... hopfully its stashed away with my pegz

should be the same wiring... mine is the same as yours with just an extra coil... measure the size of the plate and ill measure mine to see if it is the same diameter

plate from my loncin is 115mm.

Is yours electric start? 2nd coil may be for charging.

How much do you want for the plate? Where bouts in syd are u?

Latest posts

Back