Fools Fiddy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsp33d

Reaction score
Picked up a relatively clean little stocker with sticker kit and aftermarket bars..

xr50-1.jpg

Gotta rebuild the forks.. (going to go Delrin guides and HD springs) but otherwise, starts first kick, and scoots along nicely..

Seen a pro circuit T-4, header and muffler, for a good price.. so I snapped that up as well...
t4.jpg

Question is being the 50 is well still a 50.. am I shooting myself in the foot putting the t4 on or should I await till I get an 88 kit (which in itself opens a heap of other questions.. carb, jetting, which kit to go for, oil slingers etc.)

Will try and keep the thread somewhat updated for anyone playing along at home..

Open to comments!

Good score!!
The pipe wont hurt it , may lose a bit of bottom end? but might rev bit more up top.A pipe will be good for when ya get a 88 kit aswell.
1st thing i would be doing is getting a new frame as it looks a bit bent??
Should be the 1st thing ya do to a stocker if ya not a 6yr old

Yeah bang that pipe straight on , as Bretto said it will hurt low down a bit but breath better up top..
The main thing is it will sound cool !

Good score!!
The pipe wont hurt it , may lose a bit of bottom end? but might rev bit more up top.A pipe will be good for when ya get a 88 kit aswell.
1st thing i would be doing is getting a new frame as it looks a bit bent??
Should be the 1st thing ya do to a stocker if ya not a 6yr old

Cheers fellas! :)

the race in the head stem was looser than a two dollar hooker on payday.. the top of the forks were missing the retaining bolts that hold the upper fork legs to the triples.. that could be the reason the front end looks a lil whacky... have tapered bearings to go in the stem, and new guides(upper and lower OEM for now) to take care of the legs.. these will be put into project FrankenZed when the delrin replacements arrive)
fork.jpg

Will give it a bit of a blast and then in a week or two when the HD springs come in I'll strip it down and asses the frame situation.

T4 and header was only a hunge bucks :D Polished up a treat!
t4polishedclose.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Fools. Got yourself a bargain.

I will chuck my 2 cents in, need a pretty worked motor to even need an oil cooler IMO. I run TB 88 mod and definately don't need one. If you went taky or something then yeah maybe.

You still in templestowe? Might be able to organise a ride 10 mins down the road if your keen.

duely noted Chief! Yeh still in Tempsy.. lemme know when ya keen man.. gettin a feel fer it all still n could do with a lil saddle time. happy to help throw dirt around if need be to :)

Iv got a spare set of Zed wheels from the '85 R.. and the matching forks.. might build up a set of fatty tards similar to what Eichkays setup is.. .. dunno yet.. see what the funds pan out like.

better idea of what a quick polish does.. (ohhhh yeh...feels better.. lol)
As recieved..
t4polisheda.jpg

20 mins over lunch..
t4polished.jpg

No laughing at my temporary rust concealing either!!

Last edited:
I cant recall if it was 'purple' or Wizard..
one of these also made things handy ;)
C-3735_polisher_wm.jpg
+
3-Wave-Polishing-Pad.jpg

i got a measurment off mine today for ya to check.
mines got +1s hd spings and bushes.
From centre front axle to front clutch side engine case ,were the bottom front bolt is , is 427mm.
Tryed to get the sraightest level line , and my bikes frame was braced almost straight away and is fairly new , hardly raced by light weight :)

Verdict....
Is damaged.. hairline fractures can be seen just under the front of the tank. Will be stripping and reinforcing frame and going with the 8" wheels at this stage. Will endevour to get the measurement for you MiniM. allways good to have a comparison as to what to work off :)

I gave it a blast with the Pro Circuit header and exhaust, and its just TO loud and throaty for the riding im doing.. So Im open to offers if there is anyone interested. Serious offers only.. I dont want half eaten bubblegum or 3.4 flat cans of Diet coke... *this also includes lowball offers* $180 obo. HEader and Pipe. Pick up. Melbourne.(delivery available)

Ride wise, its almost as if the choke is stuck on :/ The z50J replica KILLS the XR.. off the mark, top speed, right down to handeling..even with OME fold down banana bars...
Iv got a slightly bigger carb around. so will stick that on and see if there is much change in performance. Iv also changed the bars to a slightly narrower 'Knee saver' style. helped a lil with the handeling.

Anyone got a quick reference to the stock carb settings and any info on the 'choke removal' pic by pic is allways handy!

I have the same t4 pipe on my 88 works heaps good and sound sweet! as :)

Latest posts

Back