Forged kickstarter touching clutch cover

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chops

Reaction score
Bought some gear from DHZ yesterday, got home from work and it had already arrived!!!

Got a forged kickstarter but its touching the clutch cover on rotating back. Its only just touching, but is this common with these when fitted to the 160's?

Also bought a front sprocket cover plate, and what a heap of **** that is! Doesn't come close to following the shape of the motor! I've seen better looking dogs breakfast's!

Yeah just with DHZ on it, heap of ****. Haha

Hmm might be a common thing with the rubbing then.

i was just going to swap mine onto my Z155, but wont be if it'll rub

grind the spot down on the kicker? it shouldn't be much of a dramma, wack out a file and go coarse to fine.. should be right...
you could let dhz know about the kicker touching too

if you do that paint some clear engine enamel over it to stop it from rusting, unless it's stainless ?

depends on if the file was used on steel last.. due to it would impregnate the alloy with steel crap and rust it.... its complicated... just make sure you clean the file before and after.. thats if you use it...

mine is forged steel/iron but wasn't chrome, it's black, they make them in alloy and stainless too though.

mine was worn off a fair bit too, i bought it used.
i rubbed it back and gave it a couple of coats of black etch primer, and let it dry for a day
then gave it a couple of coats of VHT black ceramic barrel/cylinder paint
it is still good 18+ months later

Latest posts

Back