Fork oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the way i was told to measure oil was by measuring the distance from the top point of the fork to the start of the oil level. almost like using a dipstick, put a metal ruler into the fork till it hits the oil, then mark the edge of the ruler where it is level with the top of the fork, this is the level you require when changing oil.

with regards to spacers, a really nice spacer to use if you dont have the time or equiptment to mill your own spacers is teflon board (get from any hardware store or even a kitchen place (its the white chopping board)) OR if this still isnt possible, load up your forks with 20 Cent coins. im running 8 coins in each fork and she is sweet as. drill out the centre to not alter the air / oil ratio as much. best $3.20 i have spent in a long time :D

Cheers, Tony.

does non USD forks have oil in them? and how would u change the oiL? if they do have oil.. Thanks.

What bikes,forks are you guys running? I've got a Atomic Prox (agb29) and i think the forks are a fastace copy. Does anyone know if i can add some preload with those spacers and how to put a heavier grade oil in? I'm about 105kg and need stiffer forks stat!

when i first swapped the oild in my forks i used a 20w, it was still to soft, i ended up putting in a 50/50 mix of 20w and 90w (gear oil) it's a bit stiff when the forks are cold, but once you've been rinding for a little bit they are great, also i put a 10mm spacer on the springs (usd) , i just used a (18mm?) rod and drilled a i hole in it so it would go over the dampner rod that the spring goes over.

Latest posts

Back