Fork Plastics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cass38a

Reaction score
Does anybody know where you can buy the plastic things that go on the bottom of upside down forks to protect them from stones etc? I busted one off and need a new one (or a pair).

I'd try ebay or a motorbike shop.

I have done the same thing mate ,busted the right one off.Mso or most bike shops don't sell them however there are a few options
1)run with out them depending if you ride in less rocky areas as all there there to do the covers is the protect your fork sliders for rocks and shit.
2)get in contact with ciniworx they sell the genuine carbon fibre slide covers for fastace forks wich fit your forks ,the price is $70 for 2 including postage remember thay are carbon fibre (there $29.99 each)
3)if you have ripped the bolts through the holes like i did you can fix it for free by taking a piece of sheet metal cutting it to the length of the fork cover bottoms where the holes are (width around 8cm) and cut the height of the piece of sheet to about 12 mm then drill two holes the same as the ones already there on the covers, apply some glue to the back of the sheet metal and clamp it making sure the metal has bent into the shape of the gaurd,the once that has dried with the clamps still on drill the sheet metal where you drilled the holes before (best done through the back of the gaurd )then pot rivet both of those drilled holes.Then drill the other pre existing bolt holes to the exact size!.file then so that no sharpe edges exist on the sheet metal.take the clamps of then give the sheeet metal a polish with a scotch gaurd pad to make it look nice ,sandpaper the edges of the sheet metal to make it smooth.File the pot rivits a tad at the back so the covers fit comfotably then put washers on the bolts and put the covers back on the forks.hopefully it had worked
let us know how ya went

Ahhh you will bust the fork seals very quickly riding without fork protectors. As soon as dirt/mud get on the forks say goodbye to your fork seals.

If I cant find any I will make some out of polished aluminum. But I will try to source some first as my wife will kill me if I start another project before I fininsh tiling the bathroom.

Just noticed thats also something ebay doesnt have lol. So thats now
*Fork guards
*1/4 throttle

A bike shop should be able to order them in. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to.

ebay does have 1/4 turn throttles just not all the time

MMMMM i can only see one and its a buy it now for $50 but its silver. The others I have seen are all $100 for no name throttles. I would rather buy a five o one if I'm going to be paying that much.

there was genuine pitboss 1/4 throttle on ebay 3 days ago ,i was bout to buy one but never go around to it.Just put in throttle and there should be a few

Hey guys .This is a bit of a bush remedy i know but it will work,go to your local Bunnings and grab a 1m lenght of PVC pipe 40 or 50mm dia [After you Estimate,guess or measure] the current Dia of your broken fork Protector cut the PVC pipe down to size and mount it up with the screws..

Sure the covers are now white but at least youve got some protection till you source the right part [If possible]!!!!!!!

What am I going to come up with next ? making a gripper seat cover out of your neighbours pet cat LOL

lol thats a preety mean idea about the pvc would look a bit scaby though ,i'd love a gripper seat cover made of a skin of a cat ,should start a thread on making shit ya self ay

Hahahahha pvc fork guards they would look funny. It would be like one of them rice burners you see with there fully sik milo can exhaust tip.

Latest posts

Back