Fork seals and fork oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbikejim

Reaction score
hey my bike is a pitpro 140 and when i was riding it looked like the left fork seal is leaking, is there anyway of cleaning without taking the forks off? ie maybe cleaning the dirt that maybe stuck under the seal? without damaging the forks? also how do i know that my forks have sufficient oil in them? and they havnt lost too much?
Thanks

yeah you can use some old camera film.
cut a length about 150mm long and slip the side with the small cutouts up and under the lips of the seal.
gently pull it down and wipe off any dirt etc as you go,
make your way around the tube a couple of times.
next you'll need to bounce the front shocks a few times wiping off any oil/debris.
give it a few bounces each, and if the oil stops leaking then you

there are a few available at different shops, ebay etc etc, some are a credit card shape, others are different.
in the end the seals are fairly cheap to replace so i wouldnt stress about the cost.
oil and seals are usually under $30, plus labour.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=fork+seal+cleaner&LH_PrefLoc=2

Last edited:
thats a hard question to answer.
the oil that they use in the factory when they make them, isnt good quality.
fork length and type will make a difference to the quantity needed.

what length forks do you have, and are they a brand name or generic?

I'm not sure on the brand, i think they are just the ones that came with the bike from factory. i have added pictures if that helps lol.
Do you know if there is a guide on here on how to replace fork oil and seals?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
im having the same problem which is also from the left side.. mine still can pressure down and return but there was quite of bit of oil on the ground..
-Chris

im having the same problem which is also from the left side.. mine still can pressure down and return but there was quite of bit of oil on the ground..
-Chris

you can just put new seals on them (cheap and quite easy if you have patience)

I'm not sure on the brand, i think they are just the ones that came with the bike from factory. i have added pictures if that helps lol.
Do you know if there is a guide on here on how to replace fork oil and seals?
Thanks

i will write one up for you tonight

Yeah what ones do i buy? Is there a tutorial to install them?
-Chris

Latest posts

Back