forks too soft bottoming out (atomik moto X 125)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazza

Reaction score
HI i've got a atomik motoX and have strated jumping it , but the fronk forks are way too soft therefore botoming out , so i emailed the atomik factory and they told me to change to a heavier grade of oil , so i pulled off the forks and brakes and wheels etc. and know how to change the oil but i read just today in this forum that agb21's don't use oil compressed forks they use a oil cartride or something like that , and was just wondering if the person who wrote this is wrong? And also i was wondering if it is an oil compressed fork what weight of oil should i get , i had in mind 20w or is this to heavy? Your anwsers would be grealty apreciated.

I have the motox as well dude and i was thinking about changing my oil over but i can tell you that the seals on the motox will probably not be able to handle 20w oil.

And no the forks are pretty standard on them i believe they are oil compressed forks.

You should probably just buy better forks like a set of Fastace forks.

I went to a shop and brought 15w oil and changed the oil over it took a bit of fiddling but now the forks are abosolutley perfect they don't go anywhere near bottoming out , and now i feel i can jump it bigger without smashing it up.

how heavy are u because I'am thinking of doing mine and just want to know if 15w will be right for me thanks

brazza Interesting How long to do?
What hassels and any warnings on how to do it better next time?

Atomic fork(which ones)there seem to be 3 types aprox 75mm travel usd,100mm usd, and the ones with 10 click adjusters.

Good on ya for trying.
Well done for sucsess.

keep us up to date on your seals after a few sesions on the track.

If it hlods up I want to do the same thing.

Thats if you dont mind being the guinne pig.

Sid Who wants to pay as much as a china bike for a set of forks(marzoc shivers are the go) LOL

Yep so true one day may be.

but untill then I have to make do

and if we can make sh1t better with little cost and someone willing to try and test it.

come on development of a new idea , tweeking old ones

Ruby I have been reading and you still sound pissed off with the world(rip offs suck)pleease get over it or get even soon as your possitive info has helped in the past

when brainstorming ideas none are ruled out we just test them in theroy (forum is for??)and then practicaly if your game

In this case fork oil????? and weight??????

What about restricting the flow???

heating the spring????

better seals????

?what makes the Italian Shivers so good and how?

Sorry Brazza to go on in your thread but you fired up a question I was looking for answers tricks and tips for

Hobarthermit the forks sidney mentions arnt actualy expensive, there actualy quite cheap and can be had for as little as 250 new on ebay
so next time make sure u know somones talkin about

Im sick of my forks harsh stroke action and lack of travel and am going to replace the oil to around 20wt does anyone know what is the BESt oil avaiible forks and am i better off replacing the seal while im at it

he didnt say as02 or as o3

And if you can sell me as 02 with tree and brakes(complete )new inc freight

IM THERE!

DHZsite ishttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/Genuine-FASTACE-AS03-ADJUSTABLE-USD-FORKS-PITBIKE-CRF_W0QQitemZ230098820617QQihZ013QQcategoryZ29705QQcmdZViewItem

eBay Australia: Genuine FASTACE AS03 ADJUSTABLE USD FORKS PITBIKE CRF (item 230157470552, end time 05-Aug-07 19:45:00 AEST)

$100. buks cheeper than my local wants for non brand

cheap china bike 125 Warrent OZ AU befor price fixing $400 delivered

I purchaced 4 of these crap bikes all new in box and rode one to the ground and left it there(cocale creek Tas South west track)onother is still at the shack and sold 2 to local servo

moved to atomics for better crap

and drule over moto verts (one day)

use forum for info and to learn

i took my bike to the track today and , farrrrrrk it's a differnt bike since i changed the oil on the landing it's so much smoother and dosn't make an anyoing spring noise (because of botoming out) because i can't get it to bottom out , i took it up the biggest jump at the track and it diddn't bottom on me it's about 1.8m high and a gap of roughfly 2m (guessing) i used to be scared of doing this jump because my bike would bottom out so bad , but when i done it , it no where near bottomed out only compressed half of the fork. I am so happy with what just a bottle of oil done.and i think everyone should change the oil on the atomik motoX .

Latest posts

Back