Fort Lytton Racing Classes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMarty

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm just scraping up some cash, selling everything I can, left over frozen food, my dog, car, my body and maybe the wife, trying to get myself a nice shiny new DHZ Outlaw 160R to start going to Fort Lytton and do some practice and then some racing if I manage to stay aboard long enough to get round .

So question is, (and I couldn't find anything on the forum) what classes do they have out there, and, would I be going against well seasoned rider's / racers because of my bike choice? Or is there plenty of other nooobs on the bigger bikes too?

Just don't want to be out of my league.

Thanks!

the only classes they hav are 12 inch and stock50-88cc class, is a few guys that have been rindin there for yrs so not going to bet them , but they dont get a real lot of minis so is bit of range of skill levels in all classes , and is bout just getting out and having fun with other mini riders.
Maybe get out there on few w/ends 1st before ya line up on the gate? :)

How much do you want for your wife ???? :bolt:

:welcome:

Anyway, there is a good range of ages and ability in the mini class down at Lytton, and more numbers are always welcome. Definitely get some laps in on the practice days before hand, and you will be fine. Going racing is a blast and very addictive. See ya down the track !!

Thanks guys :) So where does the DHZ fit into the classes? Coz it has 12" rear, duz that mean its in the 12" class? Sorry for the Noob questions...

And yes... will definately be doing some practice days out there first. Pitty I can't use my bucket of bolts that I have now, it just won't last 5 seconds out in the real world!

How much do you want for your wife ???? :bolt:

:welcome:

Anyway, there is a good range of ages and ability in the mini class down at Lytton, and more numbers are always welcome. Definitely get some laps in on the practice days before hand, and you will be fine. Going racing is a blast and very addictive. See ya down the track !!

:) hahaha, well, I'd reckon if you want to shout me a LXR some spares and new ridin'
kit, you'd be gettin' pretty close to taking the missus home.... ;)

Thanks guys :) So where does the DHZ fit into the classes? Coz it has 12" rear, duz that mean its in the 12" class? Sorry for the Noob questions...

And yes... will definately be doing some practice days out there first. Pitty I can't use my bucket of bolts that I have now, it just won't last 5 seconds out in the real world!

sorry should of explained the classes a bit better , but your right as having 12 inch rear wheel that puts you in the 12 in class , say if you had a 10 in rear wheel would still be in 12in as your motor would be bigger than 88cc or stock50cc

sorry should of explained the classes a bit better , but your right as having 12 inch rear wheel that puts you in the 12 in class , say if you had a 10 in rear wheel would still be in 12in as your motor would be bigger than 88cc or stock50cc

Thanks Heaps Mini :) Doin' my best to get my bike by the end of the month... ;) can't wait to trade my leathers in for some dirt kit and mix it with you guys :grinning-smiley-003

yeah, me and a few other noob riders are keen to come out... we'd definately be at the back of the pack, so it would be good to be out there with some other beginners...
But definitely want to get some practice in on the track before racing!!

When are you's racing there??

Cool you guys are keen too! Unfortunately I won't be able to till I get my new wheels.
:( probs a month and a bit away for me. But will be there definately!

The X4R is a good bike... I just couldn't find a definite answer on this forum which is better... the DHZ or the X4R! The DHZ has black labels, and a stiffer spring for the shock i think? So was going to go with it, and, it helps out Ken and the guys at DHZ! One more of their heart and soul out there! What do u think?

Last edited:
Nothing definite for us yet... first gotta get down for a practice... wont be there this month as race is on this weekend I think...

Nah open for practice all weekend this weekend. Race day was supposed to be last weekend, but was cancelled due to the bad weather. Track has been prepped awesome and will still be mint to ride all weekend. Also, practices are available Wednesday and Friday afternoons for those who can get off work, or work shifts.

Good to know about the week day practice sessions... You know in case I "get sick" cough cough...

Good to know about the week day practice sessions... You know in case I "get sick" cough cough...

Haha definitely. The midweek practice sessions are usually pretty quiet also, so you get a lot of time and space on the track, which can be good for your confidence.

Yeah, FMX, practice starts midweek at 12. Works perfect for you, head out for a ride straight after work. Doesnt get any better !!

yeah its not 2 bad, i done last 3 race days on stock 50, kinda lil bit unfair against 88s but still in front of my bro sometimes n he on pretty nice 12-10 88. but some fast riders in 12 inch so probly dont expect to come anywhere, when my knee betta be racing crf n motovert. but its a good fun day n cheap. more minis the betta :)

yeah its not 2 bad, i done last 3 race days on stock 50, kinda lil bit unfair against 88s but still in front of my bro sometimes n he on pretty nice 12-10 88. but some fast riders in 12 inch so probly dont expect to come anywhere, when my knee betta be racing crf n motovert. but its a good fun day n cheap. more minis the betta :)

You are spot on there Twelve 10, the more the better. If we can get enough numbers, we could get the classes split up to run seperate motos again, which would be awesome, so for those with two bikes, they could ride both classes. Bringin back the mini scene, one bike at a time.

Latest posts

Back