FRD EZ-D-Compression System for pitster pro x4r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

top speed

Reaction score
hey guys i was just wondering it it is worth getting a compression system for my stock x4r engine. it kicks up like crazy i de-comp it with my foot but sometimes it dosent work.:confused:

you arent kick starting it properly

find TDC

then push down on kick starter slowly until you feel it drop a notch

bring it up to the start and kick hard

my 155 kicks back ever now and thn no matter what . they have more compression then the yx engines so that mite be why.

kicking from TDC will help a great deal, i haven't heard to much about these yet not even sure if they work, someone on here will know

Think he has the Tb one. same concept i spose? . his head has to be modified to fit tho . the EZ-D bolts straight up.

I think.

theres a thread on planet minis i was reading last night... apparently the pitster pro ones dont have a one way valve in them so sht can suck back into the cylinder.. not sure if the issue has be fixed...

i have a tb push button decomp i have'nt had a chane to test it yet though.

the TB device uses a machined thread next to the spark plug thread oppose to the FRD system where the d-comp device slides around a specially machined plug.
i could'nt tell you which is better as i have'nt tested either they both have their good and bad.
The FRD is able to be changed between different heads as where the tb is restricted to 1 head only. only down side of the FRD is you have to buy special plugs.

ill keep ya's updated as to how the tb unit works out..

personally i think there worth it especially on a modded motor$$$ and it saves ya shins lol

Last edited:
Nar it never did , but i have already put new piston and rings in . so its got some good compression.

For the V2 heads valves to clear the piston . the new piston had abit of a bulge to so would of made more compression then the stocker i think

Latest posts

Back