Fuel Problem?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylegooseman

Reaction score
I haven't been here in a couple of years due to a bit of riding down time but was hoping to get a bit of advice. My bike was started about 6 months ago and ran fine (as usual). Today I went to give it a start and I wouldn't stay going. Spark is all good, fuel flow is fine to the carby. The issue is that its spitting a bit of fuel through the air filter and a lot is coming out of the overflow pipe. After multiple kicks and fiddling around with the tick-over I did manage to get it going fine but then when I turned it of it wouldn't start again. It just doesn't seem to be getting enough fuel. I'm not too great with mechanics so i don't know what else to do and cant afford to take it to a mechanics. Could it be a sticky float??
Any help is appreciated,
Kyle.

The time you left it sitting was there fuel in the tank and possibly still in the bowl of the crabie??
If fuel is left too long it goes stale and loses its octane in the tank and the fuel in the carbie can evaporate and leave a residue that blocks jets and venturies seize's the moving parts like floats and needles.
Try pulling the carbie apart and cleaning it right out and blow it with compressed air.
Flush the tank out and put new fuel in.
Put a new spark plug in it.
See how you go with that.

Oh and welcome back

If fuel is coming out the overflow your float needle is sticking open allowing the carby to flood. Sometimes a quick fix is to turn off the fuel at the tank and run the engine until it starts to die and then open the valve at the tank. This can flush out small debris.

If that doesn't work pull the fuel bowl and remove the float and needle to clean.

Latest posts

Back