Fuel?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
, Oil in the fuel wont do jack other than slight lack in performance maybe, and will help lube the valves and give off some smoke depending on quanity of oil in the fuel.

yeh i always use the KX250 fuel for the 50 when i run out of the unmixed fuel

theres a manufacturer who makes specific valve oil that goes in the tank...

yeah there is an oil called flash lube i use it in both my bikes but only every 2nd of 3rd tank at a ratio of 1:1000 i haven't found that it inproves performance but it does keep the valves lubricated so they last longer but too much will cause your bike to run rich.

yeh i always use the KX250 fuel for the 50 when i run out of the unmixed fuel

My mates 50 runs on what ever they go around, it gets all the old 2 stroke fuel.. i dont think its really ever run on straight unleaded now i think about it.

This certainly is a good thread, i may as well well join in.
OIL IN A 4 STROKE FUEL TANK WIL NOT:confused:

blow your engine up

clog up your carby ( how do think premixed 2 strokes work )

IT WILL :)

lube up your top end

it will cause your plug to foul up a little bit more than it would just on strait fuel ( slighty, this would depend what ratio you put in.)

The things that where said about lead and what it did as far as lubing the valves are spot on
also what was said about z50s and there age in relation to the fuel that they where designed to run on is also spot on. (ducars lifans etc. are not much different)
summing up basicly a little bit in each tank (30/50 mls per 10 litres) would not do any harm and based on what is stated above it would even be of some benifit.

Years ago and some of your dads might remember this there were gas stations that were the GOLDEN FLEECE brand and they sold a product called firezone it was marketed as a ring and valve top end lube product that you added to your fuel. That was in the days when all the oils and stuff where in racks between the fuel bowsers, it came it little bottles just like the old oil bottles.
when i was racing bikes back in those days( late 70's) guys used to put this stuff in their tanks after a rebuild and just race the bike straight away with no run in at all. all though i never did this my self they said they had no probs.
cheers Motodad:cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back