Fuel?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.::Fanatic::.

Reaction score
I bought a four stroke bike a couple of days ago and i can't find out how I'm gonna mix the oil and the fuel...help, plz

YOU DON'T!!! HOPE IT ISN'T TOO LATE.

Oil and fuel are totally separate in a 4 stroke, you should have read the instructions that came with the bike.

Just put straight unleaded in the tank.

what has been said is correct u dont mix the oil with the fuel on 4 strokes
just a question does anyone on this board read the book that comes with the bike?

i did, but it was manufactured for a different bike... and i already owned one previously so i knew what i was doing

mmmm 2 stroke fuel in a 4 stroke....results of such a disaster include:

Large Quantites of Blue smoke from zorst (Oil Burning)
Backfiring with large flames, depending on oil fuel ratio.
Gummy Valves
Spark Plug gums up with the oil.
Loss in power allround, the fuel isnt 100% petrol.
Carby may get clogged.
If you didnt put engine oil in, The engine Will Seize.

Ur engine will be ruined if this happens.

ok...good thing i didn't do it.
another problem is there are two tubes....one is from the air filther...i don't know were I shall connect them.

a capfull or less of two stroke oil in ur bike wont hurt it, infact its good for it!. Because all ov our fuel in unleaded theres no lubrication for the valves and they will wear out after time. I put about 25-30ml of 2-stroke oil in my Dads (mine now lol) 03'KTM 525SX. I suggest all you guys with 4-strokes do it. In a 3 litre tank you only need 5-10ml tops. It'll keep your valves in top shape.

Mxmad's post is true. Let me expound a little more.

Modern fuel no longer contains lead. What the lead content in fuel did during its time was to lubricate the valves. However, since its prohibition some years ago, refineries have resorted to their own more eco-friendly additive substitutes. In turn, valve manufacturers have claimed to have toughened their valves. Basically, with these two changes both industries have come up with, I tend to think our valves are fine.

As for harm to the engine, mixing some small quantity of oil in the fuel (hopefully by mistake) wouldnt do any harm.

As for me, I just see myself not wanting (or needing) to do it.

So many of these tech talk threads make me laugh, some of you guys are just post whore's and dont know a bloody thing... Oil in the fuel wont do jack other than slight lack in performance maybe, and will help lube the valves and give off some smoke depending on quanity of oil in the fuel.

But yes as a generaly rule you dont put oil in the fuel on 4-strokes...

yeah i would rather not put any oil in my fuel tank, i dont know about you all but i would rather the performance than anything else.

as for those 2 pipes each one is for something different, the one which is connected to the side of the carby is for overflow as gazza2003au said. the other pipe is for emptying the bowl of your carby. there is a screw on the oppisite side you undo for this (if fuel is dripping from this pipe i suggest getting back there and niping it up.)

Cheers, Tony.

Mmmm lead chuncks!

heres 1 for ya... 1974 model z50...was round wen lead was used 2 lubricate valves. Still here now... now those valves would be softer than the newer 1s.

Also my datsun 120y 1974 model...we ran lead replacement by motul i think.

imsure if u were scared of wearing out ur valves u would use the proper lead replacement, instead of 2 banger oil, but its up 2 you.

Latest posts

Back