full mod lifan 140 vs 155z

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klx110

Reaction score
hello
how would a full mod lifan 140 hold up against a 155z/150/160?

you would spend more on the 140... sell it recoup a little cash from the thing and buy a 155

mmm oko, bbk and a cam is all u need to make a 140 eat any other stock motor on the market and would only cost around $250 to do it

reliability is another question tho haha

get 155z and then do that upp

that certainly not a cheap option

660 for the engine the best upgrade for v2 head 580 for it including the piston over here or if you can wait order from the states much cheaper and you could get a BBK for it for around the same price it costs just for the head over here

unless you get your head 2nd hand like woggy ;)

that certainly not a cheap option

660 for the engine the best upgrade for v2 head 580 for it including the piston over here or if you can wait order from the states much cheaper and you could get a BBK for it for around the same price it costs just for the head over here

unless you get your head 2nd hand like woggy ;)

Yer but he wants 150-155-160 power so he shouldnt need the v2 and all that . until the power bug kicks in again i spose.

But even then its easy to get alot of power out of a klx style engine for cheap .

Akunar does frigging cheap bore kits will get 184cc on a 160 for far under $200

i still say do it right the first time get either one of the klx style top end engiens.

Because the 140 will just keep getting more unreliable as you mod it and can only mod to a certain extent .. and yu would probably still get bored with the power.

i wouldnt mod a lifan 140... there a case and kick start gear breaker in standard form..

youll poor coin into it all for it to fail shortly after unless you put a decomp on it

but if i was to mod one, id go a 60mm bore kit and port the head and throw an oko 26/28mm on it and a decomp(not sure if the pitster pro ones would fit)
but work it out, after you do all tht your past the price of a 155z or yx160

hello
how would a full mod lifan 140 hold up against a 155z/150/160?
no problem
57mm piston
barrel bored and sleeved
head ported or Daytonahead
28mm carb
R20 cam
that thing would be all over a stock z155;)

Yer but he wants 150-155-160 power so he shouldnt need the v2 and all that . until the power bug kicks in again i spose.

But even then its easy to get alot of power out of a klx style engine for cheap .

Akunar does frigging cheap bore kits will get 184cc on a 160 for far under $200

i still say do it right the first time get either one of the klx style top end engiens.

Because the 140 will just keep getting more unreliable as you mod it and can only mod to a certain extent .. and yu would probably still get bored with the power.

yer i have looked into the bore kits from akunar and you need to bore your cases which i aint too keen on doing or having done

how much case boring is needed and has any one done this to there engine?
as i can get cheaper kits than akuner but unwise on whats eneded then ill find a shop to do and offer the service and parts aswell

case boring is cheap... 50 from most engineer shops...but whole engine needs to be stripped..
if your good with a die grinda ya can go that way too but ya still have to strip yr engine..
as to how much case boring..well that depends on the kit..
but there are skirtless versions available but i havent asked if akunar does them but i cant see why not..
plenty of people are removing skirts on some kits and reshaping the piston themselves..just have to do your measurements.. but i like a full skirted piston..

now these kits you can get cheaper... fill us in on the details..
are these just ones from china that are a Taiwanese brand like the ceramic coated ones...for under 100usd?
if so then id have to say im not a fan of em, the nikasil coating isnt all that thick and in no time it wears away...

we've been told the 150/160 need to be rebuilt very 3 events and a full mod 140 will be just as good
its for a friend his looking for a strong powerful engine that won't be in the shop every 3rd week his blown up 3 motors already

it would have stronger gear box with better gear ratios different head better piston,cams,sprockets,etc
all race prep stuff

Last edited:
lol so this is all about reliability then? so why the hell would you go a done up 140 then?

im just asking is a done up 140 as good as a 155z/150/160 in relierbly and close to the performance of the 150's

we've been told the 150/160 need to be rebuilt very 3 events and a full mod 140 will be just as good
its for a friend his looking for a strong powerful engine that won't be in the shop every 3rd week his blown up 3 motors already

it would have stronger gear box with better gear ratios different head better piston,cams,sprockets,etc
all race prep stuff

that would all depend on how its ridden and tuned...

the more race gear you install the more your reducing reliability..

and im taking it that if he has blown 3 motors already then he is way to hard on it and maintenance doesnt exsist..

all you need is reliability..
wait for the 175z 's to land and pick one up, that should be more than enough...

well def not in reliability, but yeh power has all been said already
lifan 150 is meant to be the way to go for reliability, that's if you set it up right

sounds like maintenance is what's really killing the engines
" in the shop every 3rd week "
says it all really, shops don't know shit you gotta take care of these things yourself

that would all depend on how its ridden and tuned...

QUOTE]

hard....... his faster then me
he takes alot of care of the bike

so a 150 would be the way to go then

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back