FULL SIZE 250 Pitpro!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that certainly looks good compare to other 2 so call 250 Chinese bikes in the market, but I m stick with my point still. Chinese pit bike is good but as far as I am concern I wont go for a fullsize as the tec would be far not mature enough to handle what a fullsize bike suppose to handle. Meanwhile I would like to correct one thing about Zongsheng engine. The factory is massive as I personally being to place manytimes, but like I said in other post, the engine just for some Chinese farm motorcycles, which normally sale for 1000 bucks. I can find some picture later so you guys then can understand what I am actually concerned about those Chinese fullsize.

Last edited:
It's funny as soon as china brings out a new bike there is always some yobbo saying that they "aren't as good as Jap bike"!!! when are people gunna learn that none of these bike are designed to compete with them.
Having said that I would say that they sales of these China bikes has put a big dint in the Japs sales figures of first time bike buyers.
Just accept the fact that there here to stay, and with time they will improve in there quality. Its not what your riding, it's the fact that you are riding and out there having a go.

Looks, well that's a personal thing. To each his own, you don't like it? I respect that.

As for Jap bikes, definitely better. I've had nearly 20 bikes in my time riding (4 years) and Jap bikes are by far the best.

BUT, this bike is 1500 bucks! Show me a 1500 jap bike?

A CR85 sounds great. How much are they new?

It's not a bike to compete with the four stroke MotoX bikes. It's got electric start for heavens sake! It's a rec. reg bike that you take up the bush with your mates and have a ball on.

With those things in mind, I think it's a winner. I'm just interested in hearing what they are like to ride, maintain etc.etc.

Someone said they aren't any better than the Hummer/MotoX 250's? Why no better?

Looks, well that's a personal thing. To each his own, you don't like it? I respect that.

As for Jap bikes, definitely better. I've had nearly 20 bikes in my time riding (4 years) and Jap bikes are by far the best.

BUT, this bike is 1500 bucks! Show me a 1500 jap bike?

A CR85 sounds great. How much are they new?

It's not a bike to compete with the four stroke MotoX bikes. It's got electric start for heavens sake! It's a rec. reg bike that you take up the bush with your mates and have a ball on.

With those things in mind, I think it's a winner. I'm just interested in hearing what they are like to ride, maintain etc.etc.

Someone said they aren't any better than the Hummer/MotoX 250's? Why no better?

you right mate for some rec rides, the bike would do just fine I suppose. then here comes the question as r u seriously gonna go for one just cuz the price? which you did answer it in your post as you are looking for a review just so you would feel confident to probably go for one. Can I assuming that means you also got the doubts for that bike or all Chinese fullsize? To answer your last question why it is better, well I dont think it is better. For the starter three bikes they all use Zhongshen engine, again like I said before in my post if you understand what Zhongshen engine design for in the first place you would laugh as you didn't actually go for one. I m still try to locate a pic just so people can start realize stick with the Chinese pitbike is onething cuz they are already there for both tech and price sakes, but go for something fullsize is way to risky for both your money and your butt sakes.

Last edited:
Even if they are cheap anyone that spends money on that heap of junk has got rocks in their head. Hey Ausjames are you sure you don't work for Pitpro or someone connected to them. You seem to be plugging the bikes alot?

Nah, just got two of them myself. 125 and 110 and been really happy with them. I could be all wrong and this bike could be a piece of junk. What'a Honda XR250 worth these days new? Or a Yamaha TTR250? I think they are some of the closest Jap bikes in this class.

I was just surprised to see it in the flesh of how good it looks and felt. keen to find out from anyone how the ride etc. I guess we'll just have to wait and see from anyone who takes the plunge first.

My excitement is from the fact that Pitpro have branded it. Pitpro bikes have been pretty good in general. The MotoX and Hummer I believe are Atomik branded, and I've heard a lot of bad things about them, along with a few OK things. For that reason they don't excite me. Because of Pitpro's reputation, that purely interests me to find out more about these particular bikes

I had a look at some of the PRC company websites last night. All of the 250 full sized bikes are very similar. I did find a 300cc 4 valve bike, but that was VERY heavy at 146kgs!

Incidentally, similar companies are producing 1100, 1600 and 1800 fuel injected, water cooled 16 valve TURBO charged buggies! Just think about that. Very insane and cool. If they can produce that, why can't they produce a 250 or 450 water cooled 4 valve dirt / motard bike? Maybe eventually.

food for thought, I'll shuddup now :)

Now doods like I promised here comes the pic for a good looking Chinese motocycles with zhongsen engine on it. My point here is try not to fool about something you like by the price tag, quality is always a gogo. Sometime extra money would sure keep your mouth hanging for a very long time. So Motovert, Pitsterpro, Workz all the way.
zhongshen_motorcycle.jpg

Last edited:
With a few mods you can get 20hp + out of the zongshen without too much issue, makes it a little more fun for the trails.

the bike is designed for light trail work and fun, it's not a moto X bike!

my biggest concern with all china bikes is the poor quality suspension, the atomik Pro X 250's are hopeless, and I hear the hummers are not that much better.

so it will be interesting to see if these are any good, they don't look like they will be up to scratch, but time will tell as people get them.

Juls

I don't like it. Looks way too 'cheap'.

+1 on Yamaha and Honda shitting on it. LOL

Of all the PRC based 250cc full size bikes, this does look the best. The only one I've seen which looks good is a 300cc 4 valve bike, but that was 146kgs dry which is VERY heavy for a dirt bike and it's more a dual sport than a dirt bike.

20hp+ on that and I think you'd have a really good cheap fun bike.

Now.. who's ridden one? :)

With a few mods you can get 20hp + out of the zongshen without too much issue, makes it a little more fun for the trails.

the bike is designed for light trail work and fun, it's not a moto X bike!

my biggest concern with all china bikes is the poor quality suspension, the atomik Pro X 250's are hopeless, and I hear the hummers are not that much better.

so it will be interesting to see if these are any good, they don't look like they will be up to scratch, but time will tell as people get them.

Juls

What about the 200cc Lifans motors, are they any good for some work to be done on them for some extra power. I just got given one.

I think you could get a fair bit more out of pretty much any air cooled single. 200 or 250. Probably another 25% reasonably easily. They are all pretty lazy engines really.

Skim the head, put a decent exhaust on, rejet the carb, decent air cleaner.
reset all the valve clearances ect, thats pretty much all you need to do to get 15-30% more power out of those Zongshens.

Juls

Skim the head, put a decent exhaust on, rejet the carb, decent air cleaner.
reset all the valve clearances ect, thats pretty much all you need to do to get 15-30% more power out of those Zongshens.

Juls

Nah this is a LIFAN 200cc motor. the biggest problem I have is I don't have a bike to put it in.
But I mean besides the usual filter, zorst, jets. I meant head work, cam, porting?
would it be worth my while to do these things as I was considering making a gokart for it to go in.

pit pro 250

they are good bikes wit alot of power but u will not keep up with a 85 or above. but u should beat any pit bike out there probably except for the ciniworx. winiworx are bringout a cxf250 out soon wich would be beter in speed and quality:D :D :D :D

click on the link below to see

CXF250

the 250cc pit pro doesnt come with a zongshen no more, it comes with a loncin. id have one i think theyd be a great bike 4 the price. and no they arent to be in comparison with jap bikes. on ebay u could even get it for less STEAL!

Latest posts

Back