Fx Racing In Brunsiwck Is A Rip!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilsh15

Reaction score
Fx Racing In Brunswick Is A Rip!!

Just a word up dont ever go to FX RACING in BRUNSWICK, MELBOURNE.
There a comp rip off they over charge for parts that cost next to nothing, then don't ever fix what they say there going to do. I have gone there a few times now and they have ripped me and my mates off aswell. Plus they never say there going to fix there stuff on time!!!!
All they want is your money dont even care about bikes!!:mad:

The situation is i bought a bike from them only 6 months ago, it has not been ridden and has gotten in proper service 2 months ago in august when i got my bike back i rode it and it stopped a week later. i dont ride my bikes hard or nasty so i just couldnt understand how after a service which cost me little over $100 my bike could stop and not start again.
i finally decided enough was enough to called up to take in my bike after just looking at it for 2 months.
I called the owner on monday and i asked him how i could fix it from home he said look bring it in and i'll fix u up. So i said i would bring my bike in the next day along with my mates which he also brought from there and he had snapped the back break lever, which my mate did not mind paying to get fixed even though the owner said he would do it and not charged due to the fact we had bought through both our families 10 bikes from this shop.

I took my bike in but the owner was not there i scored one of his store manager or (BOSS) as he liked to call himself. When i took it in he said to me look mate we have 10 bike in your gonna have to go home and bring it back next week, yet i had already organised it with the owner to bring it in to get it fixed!
The BOSS called the owner after i kicked up a stink and finally said they will look at it tomorrow, by this time im not happy considering i dont believe after a service my bike could just stop and i havent done anything to it and they didnt really care about
it.

I then rock up to pick it up today and the BOSS was on, not the owner and he charged me for it and gave me some half as rubbish about what was wrong with it. Didnt even bother to let me know the right information and then said yep that will be $100, yet my bike is still under warrenty.
I called Buzz Bikes to compare prices regarding my mates back break assembly and Buzz said it would cost $25 for all whole lot and $10-$20 to fit it to his bike. (the only part that was broken was the metal rod that connects it together so all FX did was bend it back to place did not replace the whole thing)

The money really is not an issue when it comes down to it but you expect to get a level of service when you go to shop a regurarly and you think you form a friendship which in turn you get alittle respect.
I like to to know what is wrong with my bike and does my mates. Some shops just lack it in the "give a crap" department.

It a family own business so you can't win when complaining.

Last edited:
yep pretty pricey when you go to a specific shop, especially in BRUNSWICK! lol..

Just so members know, what type of price comparison you are talking about, give a little more information, what work you wanted them to do-what was done? comparision of parts, some parts arnt cheap, and some cheap parts aint good.. Was the delay in service avoidable? could a replacement part have been provided by yourself and fitted by them? Were you notified of the delay?

Have you considered a complaint to the Manager? or asking for the Reps/importers phone number, there has to be someone higher up than just mechanics and sales people..

I recall a member on here having trouble with FX previously, I recall the thread going for around 13 pages or more.. Lots of problems with the bike from the start, and alot of fudging around, but the dealership in question DID come good in the end.
It just takes time, and constant pressure.. You are the customer, You HAVE the power..

try a search for motovert RX with the OLD search.. will link it http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/mini-chat/14183-my-vert-officially-buggered.html

keep us posted as to if you go back and try and fill in some of the missing bits in the original topic..

Last edited:
ya i got my motovert pro off these guys and when i got it the slide in the carby was in back to front and it had the incorrect throttle cable in it but all is good very simple fix

Cheers on the edit :D
shit situation to be in man.. I feel for ya!!

it sux to know that both you and http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/mini-chat/14183-my-vert-officially-buggered.html both scored such poor service from such a "prestige" shall we distributor.. Ypu think the importer would be a bit suss on them both wouldnt you!??

Did buzz bikes have anything positive to say? hit them back with a phone call, regarding the customer service complaint you made and inquire what was being done about it is probably the best thing to do.. Unless buzz bikes are related and the other stores are related and its just one big scam!?!!

When ever you pay for mechanical stuff get an itemised receipt(work sheet) and a till one to. least then you have two bits of proof and documentation stating the work carried out(labour), parts needed oils, etc.. something for future referance..

hope ya work it out mate, will be taking your advice, FX eye Candy ;) lol.

Last edited:
i can garrentee that greggo is no scammer like the boys at fx
personally i've neva delt with fx but now i wont

i have met one of there guys at broady one day but never heard from him again

you could throw a complaint through to josh at motovert if thats what you bought from them but without brad at mojo they are pretty useless to

i'm talkin a week to get a set of brgs out of there mess

it will be good to see if fx choose to have a right of reply to this

but would dout it

I would agree with your comments on FX and there prices are through the roof. I'm guessing it wasn't a vert that you bought from them but regardless of the brand they should service there customers better than that.
I highly doubt Joe or any of the others at FX would take the time to reply to this thread and I'm not sure they know how to use a computer :p

Wow, sucks to see people have suffered the same customer service as I have. These guys caused me problems many times however occasionally I go back, almost always to get burned.

A few weeks ago I called and they said they were open till 4 so I came in at 3 and THEY'D LOCKED UP AND GONE HOME leaving about 10 people out the front!!! It wasted my whole afternoon and a bucketload of petrol.

Oh another thing, if they say a part is on backorder DON'T BELIEVE THEM! It's bullsh!#t. I waited 3 months being continuously told 'oh it's coming in next week' or 'the crate is stuck in customs'. Containers get stuck in customs for like a few days but they still didn't have it a month later so I knew they were full of crap and guess what, I went to another shop and they took 2 days?! This other shop wasn't even a motovert dealer.

Go to city motorbikes @ ferntree gully, I've had no problems with them, in fact a kid there helped me sort out different sizes of spokes for 30 minutes for a bloody $25 sale.

Fern Tree Gully

I have only visited City Motorbikes out in Ferntree once but I have to agree with this. I think I will go back to them to buy the bigger engine I want. Nice bloke. Seemed happy to chat. Had good advice. Had some nice looking pit bikes to. Put up a post about this awhile ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back